This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Peter Kops (born 1967), known professionally as Extince (also known as "Exter-O-naldus" or "De Exter"), is one of the first Dutch language rappers (See also Nederhop) to appear in the Dutch music charts.
|Birth name||Peter Kops|
His first successful song, "The Milkshake Rap", was written completely in the English language. His first song in Dutch, "Spraakwater", was an immediate hit upon its release in 1995. It contains samples from the famous Dutch children's television series De Fabeltjeskrant. Another important Dutch hip-hop group, Osdorp Posse, recorded a parody of "Spraakwater" called "Braakwater".
Extince's second hit was "Kaal of Kammen", released in 1996 as a response to "Braakwater". His first album, Binnenlandse Funk, came out in 1998. It was in the Dutch Top 40 for two months, and reached number 12 at its peak. One of the most popular songs on this album was "Viervoeters".
Extince released a second album, Vitamine E, in 2001. Its most popular song was released "Grootheidswaan". In January 2004, he released a third album, 2e jeugd. In 2007 he released the album Toch?.
After some years of relative silence, Extince released a new album in 2015.
- Binnenlandse Funk( (1998) (Domestic Funk)
- Vitamine E (2001)
- 2e Jeugd (2004) (Second Youth)
- De avonturen van de Exter-O-naldus (2005) (The Adventures Of The Exter-O-Naldus)
- Toch? (2007) (Right?)
- X (2015)
- KERMIS (2019) (FUNFAIR)
- Mitchell, Tony (2002-01-01). Global noise: rap and hip-hop outside the USA. Wesleyan University Press. p. 154. ISBN 978-0-8195-6502-0. Retrieved 12 April 2011.
Extince's extremely humorous rhymes flow in a very soft southern accent (southern Dutch is more fluent and softer and ...CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Tilli, Robert (December 9, 2000). "International Action". Billboard. p. 52. Retrieved 12 April 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)