Exim Bank (India)
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Export–Import Bank of India is a finance institution in India, established in 1982 under Export-Import Bank of India Act 1981. Since its inception, Exim Bank of India has been both a catalyst and a key player in the promotion of cross border trade and investment. Commencing operations as a purveyor of export credit, like other export credit agencies in the world, Exim Bank India has, over the period, evolved into an institution that plays a major role in partnering Indian industries, particularly the Small and Medium Enterprises, in their globalisation efforts, through a wide range of products and services offered at all stages of the business cycle, starting from import of technology and export product development to export production, export marketing, pre-shipment and post-shipment and overseas investment.
Export Credit Agency
|Founded||1 January 1982, 36 years ago|
|David Rasquinha (Managing Director)|
Line of credit
SME & Agro Finance
Buyer's Credit NEIA
Exim Bank is managed by a Board of Directors, which has representatives from the Government, Reserve Bank of India, Export Credit Guarantee Corporation of India, a financial institution, public sector banks, and the business community.
The Bank's functions are segmented into several operating groups including:
- Corporate Banking Group which handles a variety of financing programmes for Export Oriented Units (EOUs), Importers, and overseas investment by Indian companies.
- Project Finance / Trade Finance Group handles the entire range of export credit services such as supplier's credit, pre-shipment Agriculture Business Group, to spearhead the initiative to promote and support Agricultural exports. The Group handles projects and export transactions in the agricultural sector for financing.
- Small and Medium Enterprise: EXIM Bank India handles credit proposals from SMEs under various lending programmes of the Bank.
- Export Services Group offers variety of advisory and value-added information services aimed at investment promotion.
...*Besides these, the Support Services groups, which include: Research & Planning, Treasury and Accounts, Loan Administration, Internal Audit, Management Information Services, Information Technology, Legal, Human Resources Management and Corporate Communications.
Commencement Day Annual LectureEdit
EXIM Bank conducts the yearly Commencement Day Annual Lecture contributing to the debate and discussions on contemporary trade and development issues impacting global economy. The lecture was started in 1986 to commemorate the beginning of the bank's operations in 1982.  The 34th edition of the lecture was delivered by MIT economist Prof. Abhijit Banerjee.
- "About Us : Contact Us". Eximbankindia.com. Archived from the original on 6 October 2010. Retrieved 2 August 2010.
- "Important PSU and other bodies dealing with Trade and Commerce". Indembassysuriname.com. Archived from the original on 18 July 2010. Retrieved 4 January 2019.