Every Life Counts
Every Life Counts is a campaign and support network for families whose child is diagnosed with fatal foetal abnormalities, and an anti-abortion campaign group in Ireland. They campaign for the creation of a perinatal hospice in Ireland, as an opposition to abortion in cases of fatal foetal abnormalities, claiming it is not a "pathway to healing", and that abortion causes depression and distress.:p8
They are opposed to the term "fatal foetal abnormalities" or "incompatible with life" calling it an "ugly term", preferring the term "life limiting condition". The point out that some people diagnosed with "fatal foetal abnormalities" (e.g. Patau syndrome a.k.a. Trisomy 13), live for many years after birth.
After the 2016 Mellet v Ireland UN case, they claimed the United Nations Human Rights Committee "deliberately ignored the experiences of families who had received great joy and love from carrying their babies to term"
They made a submission to the Citizens' Assembly, which discussed Ireland's abortion laws, where they claimed that abortion is not a solution to a fatal foetal abnormalities diagnosis.:p2 They were selected as one of the groups to make a presentation to the members of the Citizens' Assembly
- "About and Support | Every Life Counts". Every Life Counts. Retrieved 28 February 2016.
- Harkin, Tracy (14 July 2016). "Abortion not the only answer to life-limiting conditions". The Irish Times. Retrieved 28 February 2017.
- Every Life Counts (16 December 2016). "Every Life Counts Submission". Retrieved 28 February 2017.
- "The Eight Amendment". The Irish Times. 29 June 2016.
- Harkin, Tracey (4 December 2015). "My daughter is proof that the judge was wrong about 'fatal foetal abnormalities'". Irish Independent.
- Ereelt, Steven (6 July 2015). "25,000 Pro-Lifers March Through the Streets of Dublin, Ireland Against Abortion". LifeSiteNews.
- "People with disabilities take centre stage at major pro-life rally: 30,000 crowd exceeds all expectations". Life Institute. 7 July 2015.
- Edwards, Elaine (9 June 2016). "Government urged to make constitutional, legal change on abortion". The Irish Times. Retrieved 28 February 2017.
- Zhuang, Zara (25 November 2014). "'Stop saying fetuses with disabilities are incompatible with life'". The Irish Times.
- "My daughter is proof that the judge was wrong about 'fatal foetal abnormalities'". Irish Independent. 12 June 2016.
- "17 Advocacy Groups to Address Citizens' Assembly on the Topic of Eighth Amendment". Citizens' Assembly. 21 February 2017.