Eversholt Rail Group
Eversholt Rail Group is a British rolling stock company (ROSCO) established in April 1994 as part of the privatisation of British Rail. Together with Angel Trains and Porterbrook, it is one of the three original ROSCOs.
|Mary Kenny (Chief Executive)|
|Products||Rolling stock leasing|
|Parent||CK Hutchison Holdings|
Cheung Kong Infrastructure Holdings
Eversholt Rail Group was established in April 1994 as a subsidiary of British Rail in preparation for the privatisation of British Rail. It was named after Eversholt Street in London near Euston station in which British Rail's offices were located. In November 1995 it was sold to in a management buyout.
In 2000, it leased its first rolling stock outside of the United Kingdom when it financed two EMD JT42CWRs for Swedish freight operator TGOJ Trafik. It pulled out of the European market in 2009, selling its twenty EMD JT42CWR locomotives to Beacon Rail.
In January 2010, HSBC Rail was rebranded back to the Eversholt Rail Group. In November 2010, Eversholt was sold to a consortium of 3i, Morgan Stanley and Star Capital Partners. In January 2015 it was purchased by CK Hutchison Holdings and Cheung Kong Infrastructure Holdings. In March 2015, Eversholt sold its 920 wagon fleet to NACCO Industries.
As at April 2020, Eversholt Rail Group owned 3,593 vehicles.
- 25 Years of ROSCOs Rail Express issue 281 October 2019 pages 18/19
- Why Angel Trains? Today's Railways UK issue 113 May 2005 page 25
- ROSCOs sold for £1,699.5m Rail Privatisation News issue 18 16 November 1995 page 16
- BR's passenger trains fleet sold-off for £1.8 billion Rail issue 266 22 November 1995 page 6
- Exposed: Who gets what from Eversholt's great gravy train The Independent 20 February 1997
- Forward Trust acquires Eversholt Rail Privatisation News issue 49 6 March 1997 page 1
- Eversholt Leasing is renamed Forward Rail Trust The Railway Magazine issue 1162 February 1998 page 55
- Forward Trust Rail Renamed Today's Railways UK issue 47 November 1999 page 9
- HSBC bankrolls Class 66s for Sweden The Railway Magazine issue 1192 August 2000 page 10
- HSBC Rail pulls out of Europe Today's Railways Europe issue 161 May 2009 page 10
- ROSCO renamed Rail Express issue 165 February 2010 page 8
- Name changes for rolling stock leasing companies The Railway Magazine issue 1307 March 2010 page 8
- News in Brief Railway Gazette International December 2010 page 21
- Eversholt Leasing sold for 2 billion The Railway Magazine issue 1367 February 2015 page 9
- Eversholt sold Today's Railways UK issue 159 March 2015 page 14
- Eversholt Rail sells wagon fleet to CIT Group Railway Gazette International 3 March 2015
- Fleet Eversholt Rail Group