|• Total||8.77 sq mi (22.72 km2)|
|• Land||8.55 sq mi (22.15 km2)|
|• Water||0.22 sq mi (0.57 km2)|
|Elevation||2,923 ft (891 m)|
|• Density||952.77/sq mi (367.88/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-7 (Mountain (MST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-6 (MDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||0783257|
Evergreen is located in central Flathead County at  on the northeast side of Kalispell, the county seat. It is bordered to the east by the Flathead River, and the Whitefish River flows through the western side of the CDP.(48.228746, -114.273928),
U.S. Route 2 passes through the community, leading northeast 29 miles (47 km) to West Glacier, at the entrance to Glacier National Park. The center of Kalispell is 4 miles (6 km) southwest of Evergreen via US 2 and U.S. Route 93. Montana Highway 35 leads southeast from Evergreen 20 miles (32 km) to Bigfork.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the Evergreen CDP has a total area of 8.8 square miles (22.8 km2), of which 8.6 square miles (22.3 km2) is land and 0.2 square miles (0.5 km2), or 2.32%, is water.
This climatic region is typified by large seasonal temperature differences, with warm to hot (and often humid) summers and cold (sometimes severely cold) winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Evergreen has a humid continental climate, abbreviated "Dfb" on climate maps.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the census of 2020, there were 8,149 people and 2,923 households in the CDP. The population density was 884.4 people per square mile. The racial makeup of the CDP was 93.9% White, 0.0% Black or African American, 2.2% Native American, 0.5% Asian, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 2.9% from two or more races and Hispanic or Latino of any race were 6.4% of the population.
In the CDP, the population was spread out, with 23.5% under the age of 18, and 12.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The percentage of females was 54.8.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $59,338, and the per capita income for the past 12 months was $24,527. The number of people in poverty was 7.4%.
- "ArcGIS REST Services Directory". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved September 5, 2022.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Evergreen, Montana
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (G001), Evergreen CDP, Montana". American FactFinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on February 13, 2020. Retrieved June 5, 2016.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- Climate Summary for Evergreen, Montana
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
Media related to Evergreen, Montana at Wikimedia Commons