The Everett AquaSox are a Minor League Baseball team of Northwest League and are the Class A Short Season affiliate of the Seattle Mariners. They are located in Everett, Washington, and play their home games at Funko Field which opened in 1984 and has a seating capacity of 3,682. The team was known as the Everett Giants from 1984 to 1994, but changed its name after ending its affiliation with the San Francisco Giants.
Founded in 1984
|Current||Class A Short Season (1984–present)|
|Minor league affiliations|
|League||Northwest League (1984–present)|
|Major league affiliations|
|Current||Seattle Mariners (1995–present)|
|Previous||San Francisco Giants (1984–1994)|
|Minor league titles|
|League titles (2)|
|Division titles (4)|
|Nickname||Everett AquaSox (1995–present)|
|Everett Giants (1984–1994)|
|Colors||Navy, aqua, light green, orange, white|
Frank The Hotdog (1984-present)
|Ballpark||Funko Field (1984–present)|
|7th Inning Stretch, LLC|
|General Manager||Danny Tetzlaff|
One of the team logos, used on road caps and jerseys, is based on the "trident" insignia used by the Mariners in the early 1980s (rotated to look like the letter "E" for Everett, instead of "M" for Mariners). Their mascot is Webbly, a frog. According to long-time team radio broadcaster Pat Dillon, "The frog is a cross between a Pacific tree frog and a Central American red-eyed tree frog—and Brooks Robinson." Previously, the mascot for the Everett Giants was a giant hot dog named Frank.
The current manager is Louis Boyd.
- 1985: Defeated Eugene 1–0 to win championship.
- 1987: Lost to Spokane 2–1 in finals.
- 2002: Lost to Boise 3–0 in finals.
- 2010: Defeated Vancouver 2–1 in semifinals; defeated Spokane 2–1 to win championship.
- 2012: Lost to Vancouver 2–0 in semifinals.
- 2013: Lost to Vancouver 2–0 in semifinals.
- 2015: Lost to Tri-City 2–0 in semifinals.
- 2016: Lost to Eugene 2–1 in finals.
- 2018: Lost to Spokane 2–1 in semifinals.
Everett AquaSox roster
7-day injured list
- "Everett, Washington". Baseball-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved April 24, 2018.
- "Northwest League Past Champions". Northwest League. Minor League Baseball. Retrieved April 24, 2018.
- "Everett Aquasox Mascot Appearances". Everett AquaSox. Minor League Baseball. Retrieved April 24, 2018.
- Caputo, Paul (2015-05-02). "Soggy Froggy, Man: The Story Behind the Everett AquaSox". SportsLogos.net. SportsLogos.net. Retrieved 2018-05-23.