The Herald (Ireland)(Redirected from Evening Herald)
The Herald is a nationwide mid-market tabloid newspaper headquartered in Dublin, Ireland and published by Independent News & Media. It is published Monday-Saturday, and has three editions — City Edition, City Final Edition and National Edition. The paper was known as the Evening Herald until its name was changed in 2013.
|Format||Tabloid (formerly broadsheet)|
|Owner(s)||Independent News & Media|
|Headquarters||Talbot Street, Dublin|
Until November 2000, the Evening Herald was produced and pressed in Independent House on Middle Abbey Street, Dublin 1. The monochrome printing facility in the basement of this building was then retired, and the paper is now printed in full colour at a purpose-built plant in Citywest, along with the Irish Independent, the Sunday Independent and various other regional newspapers owned by Independent News & Media. In 2004, production of the paper was moved from Independent House to a new office on Talbot Street and the paper's old home was sold to the neighbouring department store, Arnotts, for an estimated €26 million.
In March 2013, it was reported that the Evening Herald was to be renamed The Herald. It is also set to become a morning rather than an evening newspaper.
In March 2017, it was announced that INM were merging the Sunday World and The Herald newsrooms. 
On 10 October 2005, a free version of the Evening Herald, published in the mornings and entitled Herald AM, began distribution, as a defensive measure against the Daily Mail and General Trust-owned Metro, launched on the same date. It joined with another morning freesheet Metro to become the Metro Herald. Herald AM later closed.
|Year (period)||Average circulation per issue|
|1999 (January to June)||
|2005 (January to June)||
|2006 (January to June)||
|2010 (January to June)||
|2011 (January to June)||
|2012 (January to June)||
|2012 (July to December)||
|2014 (July to December)||
|2015 (July to December)||
|2016 (January to June)||
|2016 (July to December)||
|2017 (January to June)||
|2017 (July to December)||
- "'Don't kill Herald critic', The Wanted tell fans". Evening Herald. Independent News & Media. 14 March 2012. Retrieved 14 March 2012.
- Roy Greenslade. "Dublin evening paper to change title and be sold in the mornings". the Guardian. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "Evening Newspaper ABC Circulations, Jan-June 2012 - SEO Ireland, Search Engine Optimisation, Media and Marketing Consulting". ilevel.ie. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "Evening Newspapers ABC June-Dec 2012 - SEO Ireland, Search Engine Optimisation, Media and Marketing Consulting". ilevel.ie. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "Evening Newspapers ABC June-Dec 2014 - SEO Ireland, Search Engine Optimisation, Media and Marketing Consulting". ilevel.ie. Archived from the original on 20 February 2015. Retrieved 19 January 2015.