Evelyn Fauth (born 27 November 1976) is a former professional tennis player from Austria.
|Full name||Evelyn Fauth|
|Born||27 November 1976|
Sankt Peter, Austria
|Career titles||0 WTA, 5 ITF|
|Highest ranking||No. 127 (20 May 2002)|
|Grand Slam Singles results|
|US Open||2R (2001)|
|Highest ranking||No. 303 (16 October 2000)|
In 2002 she debuted for the Austria Fed Cup team in a surprise win over the United States, away from home in Charlotte, North Carolina in the first round of the World Group. Prior to the tie, American star Jennifer Capriati was dismissed from the team for not complying with team rules, meaning that Fauth received a walkover win in the scheduled second match, giving Austria a 2–0 lead with Barbara Schwartz having already put them ahead by winning the opener. Schwartz then secured the tie for Austria in the third match, after which Fauth featured in two dead rubbers. She played a singles match against Monica Seles and partnered with Marion Maruska in the doubles rubber, losing both, to leave the scoreline at 3–2 in Austria's favour. Barbara Schett returned to the team for the quarter-finals, which left Fauth on the sidelines. Austria ultimately reached the semi-finals.
Since retiring she remained involved in tennis as a coach. She was named Styria's "Coach of the Year" in 2015.
|1.||January 1996||$10,000||Istanbul, Turkey||Hard||Andrea Schwarz||7–6, 6–1|
|2.||July 1996||$10,000||Dublin, Ireland||Clay||Pam Nelson||6–2, 6–3|
|3.||July 1997||$10,000||Fiumicino, Italy||Clay||Alessia Lombardi||6–3, 6–4|
|4.||June 1998||$10,000||Grado, Italy||Clay||Andreea Vanc||6–7, 6–1, 6–1|
|5.||April 1999||$25,000||Espinho, Portugal||Clay||Mariam Ramón Climent||6–3, 4–6, 7–5|
- "Evelyn Fauth - Bio - Personal:". Women's Tennis Association. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- "ITF Tennis - Pro Circuit - $25,000 Espinho - 26 April - 02 May 1999". ITF. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- "Agassi passes the Massu test". The Hindu. 31 August 2010. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- "King Dismisses Capriati From Fed Cup". Los Angeles Times. 27 April 2002. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- "Oostenrijk wipt Amerika uit Fed Cup". De Standaard (in Dutch). 29 April 2002. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- "Steirerin des Tages: Evelyn Fauth: Die Talenteschmiedin". Kleine Zeitung (in German). 19 May 2015. Retrieved 2 January 2018.