This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Eve Teschmacher is a fictional character appearing in the 1978 film Superman and the 1980 film Superman II, where she is the secretary to Lex Luthor. She is portrayed by Valerie Perrine. In the series Supergirl, she is portrayed by Andrea Brooks. In the fourth season her true colors were revealed when she betrayed Lena Luthor and sided with Lex Luthor.
|First appearance||Superman (1978 film)|
first appearance in the mainstream DC Universe was in JLA: Earth-2. (2000)
|Created by||Jeff Lemire |
|Alter ego||Eve Teschmacher|
|Notable aliases||Miss Teschmacher|
Eve Teschmacher first appears in Superman and Superman II (portrayed by Valerie Perrine). Miss Teschmacher is Lex Luthor's assistant and shares a relationship with her employer similar to The Joker and Harley Quinn. In the Donnerverse, Eve is Lex Luthor's closest assistant and apparently his love interest, although she is also attracted to her employer's arch-foe Superman. She frequently questions Luthor's evil schemes, and is clearly disloyal during his planned "Crime of The Century", rescuing Superman from certain death to thwart Luthor. However, this only happens after she makes Superman promise to save her mother in Hackensack, New Jersey, to which Lex has sent a nuclear missile.
In Superman II, she uses a hot-air balloon to rescue Lex from the State Penitentiary, along with his assistant Otis, whom Luthor leaves behind since he weighs down the balloon. (According to the Superman II: Richard Donner Cut) She then talks of going on a vacation with Lex to somewhere romantic, but Lex insists on going north to Superman's Fortress of Solitude to learn the secret of Superman's abilities. Miss Teschmacher reluctantly goes along with his plan.
Eve Teschmacher first appeared in JLA: Earth-2 (January, 2000). She worked as Lex Luthor's secretary. At one point, she was unaware that her boss was replaced by a counterpart from another universe, who gives her some vacation time and $80,000 into her account. Eve also appears in Superman Returns: Prequel Comic #3 (August, 2006).
- Eve Teschmacher is mentioned in Superman: Red Son #2 (July, 2003) (Earth-30).
- Eve Teschmacher appears in Superman Family Adventures #05, 09 and 12.
- A character loosely based on Eve Teschmacher appears in Smallville as Tess Mercer, who is a composite of Eve, Mercy Graves and Lena Luthor, portrayed by Cassidy Freeman. The name Tess Mercer is a reference to Teschmacher.
- Eve Teschmacher appears in Supergirl (portrayed by Andrea Brooks) and makes a cameo in The Flash season three episode "Dead or Alive". Eve Teschmacher is the personal assistant of Jimmy Olsen and Lena Luthor, previously Cat Grant. After Kara Danvers was promoted, she recommended Eve to be her replacement as Cat's assistant. Cat found her inadequate, particularly compared to Kara, and often screamed at her. She was apparently reduced to tears on more than one occasion because of this. At one point, Eve forgot Cat's coffee, and as a punishment Cat made her call the dean of Yale and admonish him for having given her a diploma. Eve became James Olsen's assistant after Cat decided to take a leave of absence from CatCo. She was instantly infatuated with "Mike Matthews" (the fake identity of Mon-El) on his first day at work, and willingly helped him with his files. She and Mon-El are later caught having sexual relations in a copy room by Kara. Later on, she let Mon-El use her credit card to buy a suit to wear to go to Lena Luthor's charity event. Some days later, while working one night, she witnessed Vibe and Gypsy duel, questioning herself in the background about why National City got weirder every day, as the two jumped into another universe. After Kara rejected Mon-El, he decided to move on and went on a date with Eve, but it went badly for her as he could only talk about Kara the whole time. Eve told him that he had to get over his ex if he ever wanted to date anyone else, to which he quickly responded that he and Kara never dated. A few days later, When Kara bumped into Eve, she asked how things were going with "Mike" as she thought they were dating and Eve told her the truth of what had happened. Kara told Eve that she and "Mike" never dated, and Eve slyly replied that this was what he also said. Eve later acts as the research assistant of Lena Luthor, helping with her experiments at L-Corp and the DEO headquarters. As the series goes forwards, it is revealed that Eve's true alliance lies with Lex Luthor. Eve betrayed Lena by giving Lex a cure for his disease and it is revealed that Eve has been working for Lex Luthor all along as his spy and helper.
- "Catwoman 2, Punisher: War Zone, Transformers 2: July 30 Comic Reel". Comic Book Resources. July 30, 2008. Retrieved August 18, 2008.
- Damore, Meagan (March 17, 2019). "Supergirl Uncovers Lex Luthor's Secret Agent". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved March 19, 2019.
- "Eve Teschmacher (Character)". Comic Vine. Retrieved March 6, 2019.
- "Supergirl Makes a Major Update to a Superman Supporting Character". CBR. June 4, 2018.
- "Eve Teschmacher". DC Database.
- "The Martian Chronicles" – via www.imdb.com.