Evangelical Presbyterian Church in England and Wales
The Evangelical Presbyterian Church in England and Wales (EPCEW) is a reformed and conservative evangelical denomination in both England and Wales with churches in Germany and Sweden. Founded in 1996, the denomination is small but growing.
In 1986, a Presbyterian conference was held in a Free Church of Scotland chapel in London, where a vision of a new Presbyterian denomination in England was proposed, which was to be faithful to Scripture and adhere to the Westminster Confession. As a consequence, the Presbyterian Association in England was formed in 1987 from several small Christian groups and existing congregations with efforts at church planting following. In 1991, an interim Presbytery was formed with congregations in Blackburn, Cambridge, Chelmsford, Durham and Hull to work towards the establishment of the new denomination. This came to fruition in 1996, taking the name, Evangelical Presbyterian Church in England and Wales.
In 2000, two congregations in Cardiff, Immanuel and Bethel, were accepted into communion. The EPCEW has grown significantly since its founding with a number of congregations joining the EPCEW and others being planted by existing churches. The denomination recently planted a church in the Salford/Manchester area and is working to establish church plants in Oxford, Lincoln, and Sunderland. They are actively looking to plant churches throughout England and Wales.
Denominational growth has been steady:
|Year||Number of congregations||Notes|
|2010||15||Includes two congregations in Sweden.|
|2015||17||Includes one congregation in Sweden and one congregation in Germany.|
|2018||20||There are 16 established churches and 2 church planting Bible studies in the UK, with a congregation in Sweden and another in Germany.|
As of 2018, the denomination has twenty congregations at:
- Blackburn and Ribchester 
- Bury St Edmunds 
- Cambridge 
- Chelmsford 
- Cheltenham (Naunton Lane)
- Cheltenham (Whaddon Road)
- Durham 
- Hexham 
- Hull 
- Oxford 
- Newcastle 
- Salford 
- Sheffield 
- Sunderland 
- Solihull 
Westminster Presbyterian Theological SeminaryEdit
Several EPCEW ministers were instrumental in the recent founding of Westminster Presbyterian Theological Seminary in Gateshead, UK. WPTS aims to equip men to hold fast to God’s faithful Word, with a particular focus on preparation for planting churches in the UK and continental Europe. The school is committed to the Westminster Standards, experiential Calvinism, Presbyterian Church government, ordinary means of grace ministry, and the regulative principle of worship. The seminary offers a range of courses accredited through Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary, including the Master of Divinity (MDiv).
The denomination publishes The Presbyterian Network in Spring and Autumn with theological and pastoral articles and news from its congregations.
Along with the Free Church of Scotland and the Free Church of Scotland (Continuing), the denomination is one of the three members of the International Conference of Reformed Churches from Great Britain, and one of seven European Christian denominations who founded the European Conference of Reformed Churches.
- Bauswein, Jean-Jacques; Vischer, Lukas (1999). The Reformed Family Worldwide: A Survey of Reformed Churches, Theological Schools, and International Organizations. W.B. Eerdmans. p. 512. ISBN 9780802844965.
- http://www.epcew.org.uk/about.html Evangelical Presbyterian Church in England and Wales - About
- http://christianquoter.blogspot.hu/2010/06/presbyterianism-in-england-today-part-3.html Christian Quoter - Presbyterianism in England Today (Part 3)
- http://heidelblog.net/2012/09/there-are-presbyterians-in-england-and-theyre-having-a-conference/ The Heidelblog - There Are Presbyterians in England and They’re Having a Conference
- "Mission - Salford-Manchester Evangelical Presbyterian church plant".
- "Oxford Evangelical Presbyterian Church". Oxford Evangelical Presbyterian Church. Retrieved 2018-05-23.
- "Lincoln | Sheffield Presbyterian Church".
- "Sunderland Presbyterian Bible Study | nil desperandum auspice Deo". sunderlandpres.org.uk. Retrieved 2018-05-23.
- "Congregations". epcew.org.uk. Evangelical Presbyterian Church in England and Wales. Archived from the original on 2000-12-04. Retrieved 2016-06-26.
- "Congregations". epcew.org.uk. Evangelical Presbyterian Church in England and Wales. Archived from the original on 2005-12-18. Retrieved 2016-06-26.
- "Congregations". epcew.org.uk. Evangelical Presbyterian Church in England and Wales. Archived from the original on 2010-12-02. Retrieved 2016-06-26.
- "Congregations". epcew.org.uk. Evangelical Presbyterian Church in England and Wales. Archived from the original on 2015-11-22. Retrieved 2016-06-26.
- "EPCEW Congregations". Evangelical Presbyterian Church in England and Wales Website. Evangelical Presbyterian Church in England and Wales. Retrieved 27 April 2015.
- "Church information - Affinity".
- http://www.bse-pc.org/welcome.htm Archived 2014-07-14 at the Wayback Machine Bury St Edmunds Presbyterian Church
- http://www.cambridgepres.org.uk/ Cambridge Presbyterian Church
- http://www.chelmsfordpres.org.uk/ CPC Hall Street
- http://www.cheltenhampres.org.uk/ Naunton Lane Evangelical Presbyterian Church
- "About us: Whaddon Road Evangelical Presbyterian Church".
- http://www.depc.org.uk/ Durham Presbyterian Church
- "Hexham Presbyterian Church". Hexham Presbyterian Church Website. Hexham Presbyterian Church. Retrieved 27 April 2015.
- http://www.ehpc.co.uk/ East Hull Presbyterian church
- http://www.gatesheadpres.org.uk/ All Saints Presbyterian Church
- "Salford EPC | Salford Evangelical Presbyterian Church". salfordepc.org.uk. Retrieved 2018-05-23.
- http://www.sheffieldpres.org.uk/ Sheffield Presbyterian Church
- http://www.sunderlandpres.org.uk/ Sunderland Evangelical Presbyterian Church
- http://www.solihullpres.org.uk/ Solihull Presbyterian Church
- "Church information - Affinity".
- http://www.bethelpcr.org.uk Bethel Presbyterian Church, Cardiff
- http://www.immanuelcaerau.org.uk/ Immanuel Presbyterian Church
- http://www.immanuelskyrkan.info Immanuelskyrkan, Tranås
- "Home - Presbyterianische Kirche".
- http://www.epcew.org.uk/resources.html Evangelical Presbyterian Church in England and Wales - Resources
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on July 17, 2012. Retrieved December 16, 2013.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link) International Conference of Reformed Churches - Churches in Membership
- http://www.eucrc.org/index.php/members/list-of-members European Conference of Reformed Churches - Member Churches