Eva Marcille Sterling (born October 30, 1984) is an American actress, fashion model and television personality. She started her career by winning the third cycle of America's Next Top Model. She was previously credited by her birth name Eva Pigford.
Marcille in Los Angeles, 2012
Eva Marcille Pigford
October 30, 1984
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Michael Sterling (m. 2018)
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Hair color||Light brown|
|Eye color||Hazel / Green|
|Agency||L.A. Models |
Ford Models, Uber-Warning Models
Marcille was born in Los Angeles, California. Her middle name, Marcille, is an amalgam of her grandmothers' names "Marjorie" and "Lucille". She attended Raymond Avenue Elementary School, Marina Del Rey Middle School, and Washington Preparatory High School (2002). She attended Clark Atlanta University in Atlanta, Georgia; however, she left the school shortly after winning the third season of America's Next Top Model at the age of 19.
Marcille was the winner of the third cycle of America's Next Top Model in 2004, beating fellow contestant Yaya DaCosta. Her prizes included a CoverGirl cosmetics contract, a spread in Elle, and a modeling contract with Ford Models.
Marcille has appeared on the cover of Brides Noir, Women's Health and Fitness (May 2005), King (June 2005), IONA (November 2005), and Essence. Her other modeling credits include CoverGirl, DKNY, Samsung, Red by Marc Ecko, Jewel, In Touch Weekly (June 2005), King (November 2005), WeTheUrban, IONA, UNleashed, Star Magazine, Elle, Elle Girl, Apple Bottoms, Lerner Catalog, Avon Campaign 4 and Rolling Out.
Marcille's runway shows include the Marc Bouwer Fall 2005, Elle Girl presents Dare to Be You: Wal-Mart Meets America's Next Top Model 2005, Gharani Strok Fall 2005, Deborah Lindquist Spring 2006, Naqada Spring 2006, 8th Annual 'Models of Perfection' Show 2006, and L.A. Fashion Week's Monarchy Collection Fall 2007.
On November 15, 2006, Marcille left her managers Benny Medina and Tyra Banks. After leaving Banks and Medina for new management, she officially dropped "Pigford" from her name, now going by Eva Marcille (her middle name). She has stated she did this in order to not use her modeling fame to get into acting but earn her acting roles.
Marcille has guest-starred on several series on UPN and The CW Network. Her guest-star credits include two episodes of Kevin Hill, one episode of Smallville, one episode of Everybody Hates Chris, and one episode of The Game as herself. Marcille has also appeared on Tyler Perry's House of Payne.
In addition, Marcille hosted BET J's reality show My Model Looks Better Than Your Model, as well as Rip the Runway on BET. Furthermore, she has appeared in several music videos, including "Baby" by Angie Stone (featuring Betty Wright), 50 Cent's "I Get Money" and Jamie Foxx's "DJ Play a Love Song".
Marcille was cast as a regular on a FOX show called The Wedding Album in 2006, but FOX cancelled it before it aired.
In 2008 she joined the cast of The Young and the Restless as a young mother named Tyra Hamilton. After a few months, her character, who was planned to be temporary was made permanent. In 2009, Marcille was nominated for two NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actress in a Daytime Drama Series for her Y&R role but didn't get the awards. She did however win a Young Hollywood award.
She appeared in a June 2009 episode of the BET prank show Played by Fame, where contestants have nightmarish dates with celebrities.
In August 2013, Marcille appeared in the video clip "J'accélère (I accelerate)" by French rapper Rohff.
In August 2017, Marcille competed in the first season of VH1's Scared Famous, which premiered on October 23, 2017. She joined Season 10 of The Real Housewives of Atlanta as a friend of Nene Leakes and was promoted to a full-time cast member in 2018 for season 11.
In July 2006, Marcille began dating actor Lance Gross. The couple became engaged on December 24, 2008 and split up in March 2010. She dated rapper Flo Rida from 2010 to 2012. Marcille has a daughter from her previous relationship with Kevin McCall. She and McCall split in spring 2014, with Marcille stating she has custody of their daughter.
- America's Next Top Model (2004) as herself
- The Game as herself
- The Wedding Album (2006) as Gretchen
- Girlfriend Confidential: LA (2012) as herself
- Real Husbands of Hollywood (2013) as herself (3 episodes)
- Wild 'n Out as herself (1 episode)
- The Real Housewives of Atlanta (2018- Present) (Recurring Season 10; Main Cast Season 11- )
- Scared Famous as herself (2017)
- 2005: Kevin Hill (2005) as Sandra (2 episodes)
- 2005: The Walk (2005) as Sydney Lee
- 2006: Premium as Farrah
- 2006: Crossover as Vanessa
- 2007: I Think I Love My Wife as Hope
- 2007: Smallville as Tyler Crenshaw (S07E03)
- 2007: Everybody Hates Chris as Mrs. Crabtree (1 episode)
- 2007–2011: The Young and the Restless as Tyra Hamilton (72 episodes)
- 2008–2009: Tyler Perry's House of Payne as Tracie (6 episodes)
- 2009: The Assistants as Alicia James (1 episode)
- 2009: Super Capers as News Reporter
- 2010: Let's Stay Together as Raynelle (1 episode)
- 2010: The Boys and Girls Guide to Getting Down as Jasmine
- 2012: Note to Self as Karen Wells
- 2015: Sister Code as Sheila
- 2015: Born Again Virgin as Tara
- Eva Marcille at FMD
- "Eva Pigford". NYTimes.com. Retrieved April 24, 2009.
- Eva Marcille interview at B. Scott. YouTube.
- "Eva Pigford wins UPN America's Next Top Model". Reality TV world. Retrieved December 26, 2006.
- "Profile: Eva Pigford". Fashion Model Directory. Archived from the original on August 12, 2011.
- "Fall 2005 Designers Marc Bouwer". Olympus Fashion Week. Archived from the original on August 21, 2006.
- "Eva Pigford and Jamie Foxx". Reality TV Stars in the News. About.com.
- "Nick Cannon Presents Wild N Out: Episode Guide". TV.com.
- "Top Model Eva Marcille Cast on The Young and the Restless!". The Young and the Restless News. Soaps.com. June 6, 2008.
- Bellino, Damian. "VH1 Announces Scared Famous Starring Tiffany Pollard, Drita D'Avanzo, Alaska Thunderf-uck, and More!". VH1 News. Viacom International. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- "Eva Marcille and Lance Gross Breakup EXCLUSIVE". Essence.com. 2010-03-24. Retrieved 2015-11-21.
- September 11, 2012 (2012-09-11). "Eva Marcille talks heartbreak". S2SMagazine. Retrieved 2015-11-21.
- Blumm, K.C. (February 1, 2014). "Eva Marcille Welcomes Daughter Marley Rae". People.com. Retrieved March 19, 2018.
- "America's Next Top Model Eva Marcille Restraining Order". TMZ.com. April 30, 2014. Retrieved March 19, 2018.
- Porter, Lauren (January 28, 2018). "Eva Marcille On Her Daughter and Letting Go Of The Past". Essence.com. Retrieved March 19, 2018.
- "Eva Marcille Engaged". Nydailynews.com. December 25, 2017. Retrieved December 25, 2017.
- Guglielmi, Jodi and Leon, Anya (October 8, 2018). "Eva Marcille Marries Michael Sterling in Atlanta Wedding". Peple.com. Retrieved October 8, 2018.CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link)
- Juneau, Jen and Leon, Anya (April 13, 2018). "Eva Marcille Welcomes Son". People.com. Retrieved October 19, 2018.CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link)