Eurochannel is a world television channel focused on European culture and lifestyle through movies, series and other programs dedicated to European culture. Eurochannel broadcasts in original audio with subtitles in English, Spanish and Portuguese.
|Slogan||The best of Europe|
|Headquarters||Miami, Paris, São Paulo & Buenos Aires|
|Meo (Portugal)||Channel 217|
|Sky México||Channel 215|
|Vivo (Brazil)||Channel 450|
|Cablevisión Digital (Argentina)||Channel 323|
|Movistar TV Chile||Channel 436|
|Movistar TV Colombia||Channel 450|
|m:tel open IPTV||Channel 308|
Eurochannel is available in Hispanic America, France, Brazil, United States, Canada, the Caribbean, Angola, Mozambique, Portugal and North Macedonia, reaching more than 25 million people in 24 countries through 11 million households.
In United States, Eurochannel is available on Google Play on all Android devices.
Eurochannel was originally created by Televisão Abril (TVA) in Brazil in 1994, then released by DirecTV in that country. In November 2000, the channel was acquired by Multithematiques Inc, the short-lived American subsidiary of the French company of the same name, from Abril, for the sum of $8 million. Its CEO Michel Thoulouze had high hopes following the buying, in an attempt to "reawaken taste" for European content and culture. Under new ownership, Eurochannel expanded to Spanish-speaking countries of Latin America on February 1, 2002, with a soft launch in Mexico a few days earlier on January 21.
In 2004, Gustavo Vainstein, former executive at Noos, a French cable operator, took control of the channel. Since 2004, the channel develops its programming content and also creates its own events such as the Eurochannel Tour of Short Films. While being available in Latin America and the US, the company starts expanding its coverage worldwide and in April 2013 picks Eutelsat 16A to extend its reach in sub-Saharian Africa.
In South Korea, Eurochannel was launched on 17 July 2015.
Eurochannel's programming includes mostly cinema, television series and music programs.
- Claude Chabrol tribute (France)
- Skirt Day (France)
- A Crime in Paradise (France)
- March of Millions (Germany)
- Il mistero di Oberwald (Italy)
- 10 (Switzerland)
- Prime Minister (Poland)
- KDD – Berlin Crime Squad (Germany)
- David Nolande (France)
- Looking Back (Italy)
- "Bound for Brazil". Variety. 13 November 2000. Retrieved 12 April 2021.
- "Multiterritory bow for MultiThematique". Variety. 18 December 2001. Retrieved 12 April 2021.
- "Eurochannel picks Eutelsat 16A to extend reach in sub-Saharan Africa". SatellitePro.
- "LUKUP MEDIA PARTNERS WITH EUROCHANNEL". nextvnews.com.
- "Eurochannel launched in South Africa on DStv Now". Consulate General of France in Johannesburg.