Eurico de Aguiar Salles Airport
Eurico de Aguiar Salles Airport (IATA: VIX, ICAO: SBVT), formerly called Goiabeiras Airport after the neighborhood where it is located, is the airport serving Vitória, Brazil. It is named after Eurico de Aguiar Salles (1910–1959) a local politician and law professor.
Vitória-Eurico de Aguiar Salles Airport (Goiabeiras)
Aeroporto de Vitória-Eurico de Aguiar Salles (Goiabeiras)
|Operator||Flughafen Zürich AG|
|Focus city for||Gol Transportes Aéreos|
|Elevation AMSL||3 m / 10 ft|
It s operated by Flughafen Zürich AG.
In 2005 renovation works started at the airport. Projects included a passenger terminal located on a second runway and a control tower. The old terminal was converted into an international cargo terminal. The construction costed initially BRL 300 million, was paralyzed several times in 2006 and 2007 leaving construction virtually abandoned and delayed by overpricing and diversion of funds. It was finished on April 2018.
Airlines and destinationsEdit
|LATAM Cargo Brasil||Curitiba, Porto Alegre, Miami|
|Total Linhas Aéreas||Rio de Janeiro–Galeão, São Paulo-Guarulhos|
Accidents and incidentsEdit
- 19 December 1949: an Aerovias Brasil Douglas C-47A-30-DK Dakota III registration PP-AXG, disappeared when on a training flight after taking-off from Vitória. It probably crashed at sea. All 6 passengers and crew died.
- 3 April 1955: an Itaú Curtiss C-46A-60-CK Commando registration PP-ITG struck a hill 2 miles short of the runway while on an instrument approach to Vitória. The crew of 3 died.
- 9 May 1962: a Cruzeiro do Sul Convair 240-D registration PP-CEZ on final approach to Vitória struck a tree at a height of 40m, 1,860m short of the runway. It should have been at 150m. Of the 31 passengers and crew aboard, 28 died.
The airport is located 10 km (6 mi) from downtown Vitória.
- "Estatísticas". Infraero (in Portuguese). 20 February 2020. Retrieved 28 April 2020.
- "Aeroporto de Vitória VIX". Flughafen Zürich AG (in Portuguese). Retrieved 28 April 2020.
- "Aeródromos". ANAC (in Portuguese). 15 October 2019. Retrieved 28 April 2020.
- "Aeroporto de Vitória é o pior do país, constata Infraero" (in Portuguese). Folha Vitória. 6 March 2012. Archived from the original on 17 August 2016. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "Com obra no PAC, ampliação do aeroporto de Vitória tem 41 meses de atraso" (in Portuguese). Transparência Capixaba. 3 March 2010. Archived from the original on 28 October 2010. Retrieved 28 October 2010.
- "Governo obtém R$ 2,377 bilhões em concessão de aeroportos em blocos" (in Portuguese). ANAC. 15 March 2019. Retrieved 11 May 2019.
- "Accident description PP-AXG". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 16 July 2011.
- "Accident description PP-ITG". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 16 July 2011.
- "Accident description PP-CEZ". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 16 July 2011.
- Germano da Silva, Carlos Ari César (2008). "O velho lutador". O rastro da bruxa: história da aviação comercial brasileira no século XX através dos seus acidentes 1928–1996 (in Portuguese) (2 ed.). Porto Alegre: EDIPUCRS. pp. 204–207. ISBN 978-85-7430-760-2.