Eugene Lawrence Rogan, doctorate in Middle Eastern history at Harvard University, Rogan joined the University of Oxford's Faculty of Oriental Studies as a lecturer in 1991. Since 1991, he has been a Fellow at St Antony's College, Oxford, and Professor of Modern Middle Eastern History at the University of Oxford since 2015.(born 31 October 1960) is an American historian of the Middle East and North Africa from the late Ottoman era to the present. After completing his undergraduate degree at Columbia University in economics and his
Eugene Lawrence Rogan
October 31, 1960
|The Arabs: A History|
- Frontiers of the State in the Late Ottoman Empire (Cambridge University Press, 1999).
- The War for Palestine: Rewriting the History of 1948 (Cambridge University Press, 2001).
- Outside In: On the Margins of the Modern Middle East (I.B. Tauris, 2002).
- The Arabs: A History (Penguin, 2009).
- The Fall of the Ottomans: The Great War in the Middle East, 1914–1920 (Penguin, 2015).
- Rogan, Prof. Eugene Lawrence. Who's Who. Oxford University Press. December 2017. doi:10.1093/ww/9780199540884.013.U289676. ISBN 978-0-1995-4088-4.
- "Professor Eugene Rogan", St Antony's College, Oxford. Retrieved 22 December 2018.
- "Professor Eugene Rogan", British Academy. Retrieved 22 December 2018.
- "Elections to the British Academy celebrate the diversity of UK research". British Academy. 21 July 2017. Retrieved 22 December 2018.