Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl
Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl[a] is a 2013 role-playing video game for the Nintendo 3DS by Atlus. It is part of the Etrian Odyssey series, and is both a "reimagining" and a remake of the first entry. It was released by Atlus in Japan on June 27, 2013, and in North America on October 1, 2013, and released by NIS America in Europe on May 2, 2014. It is available via both Nintendo eShop and retail at release.
|Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl|
North American box art
The game was the first in the series to contains two modes, Classic and Story. Classic mode is the same as other entries, with custom characters and maps. The new Story mode is similar to other RPG series, with an expansive story, preset characters, cutscenes and voice acting, but the players will have to draw their own dungeon maps just like in Classic Mode. The game also contains three difficulty settings: Picnic, which allows for easy gameplay; Normal, which allows for moderately difficult but manageable gameplay; and Expert, which allows for the toughest gameplay possible.
Story Mode has five playable characters available to the player:
Highlander: the player's avatar and first introduced character: a young man who is dispatched to Etria to investigate the cause of earthquakes that have been troubling the town lately.
Frederica "Ricky" Irving: a mysterious 18-year-old girl the Highlander meets in the ruins of Gladsheim. In the beginning she has no memories due to being frozen for a thousand years in the past, but regains them later on.
Simon Yorke: A 24-year-old researcher who works for the Midgard Library. He is a calm and pragmatic thinker who leads the Midgard Library's investigation team composed of himself, Arthur and Raquna, but not the guild when it is formed.
Arthur Clarke: An orphaned 14-year-old boy who works for the Midgard Library. An energetic and mischievous youth who idolizes Simon and sees him as an older brother.
Raquna Sheldon: A 20-year-old girl descended from the nobility of the distant city of Ontario. She has a hedonistic side, but is also honest and loyal. She was originally to be the leader of the Midgard Library's investigation team, but she refused the position.
Etrian Odyssey Untold sold 90,297 copies in its first week of release in Japan. As of July 2013, the game has sold more than 114,000 copies worldwide.
- Originally released in Japan as New Yggdrasil Labyrinth: Millennium Girl (新・世界樹の迷宮 ミレニアムの少女 Shin Sekaijū no Meikyū Mireniamu no Shōjo, lit. Labyrinth of New World Tree: Millennium Girl)
- "Looks Like NIS America Will Bring Etrian Odyssey Untold To Europe". Siliconera. 2013-10-11. Retrieved 2014-06-28.
- "Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millenium Girl Release Data". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2013-06-19.
- Campbell, Colin (June 11, 2013). "Etrian Odyssey: Millennium Girl confirmed for US fall arrival". Polygon. Vox Media. Retrieved June 11, 2013.
- Mallory, Jordan (June 11, 2013). "Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl maps out 3DS this fall". Joystiq. AOL Tech. Retrieved June 11, 2013.
- "Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl for 3DS Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 6 March 2019.
- Brian (2013-06-18). "Famitsu review scores (6/18/13)". Nintendo Everything. Archived from the original on 2013-06-23. Retrieved 2013-06-19.
- Albert, Brian (23 September 2013). "Better Together". IGN. IGN Entertainment. Retrieved 3 October 2013.
- Sleeper, Morgan (25 September 2013). "Don't Call It a Comeback". Nintendo Life. Nlife. Archived from the original on 27 September 2013.
- Kollar, Philip (26 September 2013). "Party Like It's 1989". Polygon. Vox Media. Archived from the original on 27 September 2013.
- Hale, Bradly (23 September 2013). "Review: Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl". Hardcore Gamer. Hardcore Gamer. Retrieved 9 October 2013.