Etihad Campus tram stop
Etihad Campus is a tram stop on the East Manchester Line (EML) of Greater Manchester's light-rail Metrolink system. The stop is located adjacent to the City of Manchester Stadium (also known as the Etihad Stadium). The stop has a staggered platform layout, and has wide platforms in order to cope with large crowds which use the stop on match days or other events at the stadium.
The stop in May 2019.
Location of Etihad Campus in Greater Manchester
|Fare zone information|
|Present status||In operation|
|Opened||8 February 2013 (preview)|
11 February 2013 (full)
Initially intended to be known as Sportcity-Stadium, after the Sportcity area it serves, the proposal was changed following the announcement of Manchester City's Etihad Campus project. The station opened on 11 February 2013, after a three-day free trial for local residents. The station was constructed as part of Phase 3a of the Metrolink's expansion.
Services are mostly every 12 minutes on all routes.
Additional trams and double trams run at events such as football matches and concerts at the nearby Etihad Stadium. A stabling siding to accommodate waiting trams prior to the event finishing has been constructed to allow quicker transportation of people following the conclusion of such events.
- "It's the final countdown". Transport for Greater Manchester. 1 February 2013. Archived from the original on 22 October 2013. Retrieved 7 February 2013.
- Kirby, Dean (4 December 2012). "Opening of Metrolink tram service to Droylsden delayed until February 2013". Archived from the original on 7 December 2012. Retrieved 7 December 2012.
- "Droylsden's new Metrolink line to open in February". Transport for Greater Manchester. 7 December 2012. Archived from the original on 22 October 2013. Retrieved 7 December 2012.
- "Construction work on track" (PDF). The Link. TfGM (3): 4. Retrieved 26 April 2013.[permanent dead link]
- "Metrolink - Etihad Campus" (PDF). Transport for Greater Manchester. Retrieved 26 June 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Etihad Campus Metrolink station.|
|Preceding station||Manchester Metrolink||Following station|
|Eccles – Ashton-under-Lyne Line||
|MediaCityUK – Ashton-under-Lyne Line||
|This article on a railway station in Greater Manchester is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United Kingdom rapid transit article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|