Estadio Tres de Marzo
The Estadio 3 de Marzo, is situated in Zapopan, Jalisco, México, district that forms part of the Guadalajara Metropolitan Area; it is the ground of Tecos; which plays in the Liga Premier de México, also, since 2020 it has been the ground of Halcones de Zapopan and Jaguares de Jalisco; who plays at Liga de Balompié Mexicano. It has a capacity of 18,779 and was constructed inside the campus of the Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara.
|Location||Zapopan, Jalisco, Mexico|
|Renovated||1973, 1975, 1999|
|Tecos (1971–present) |
Halcones de Zapopan (2020–present)
Jaguares de Jalisco (2020–present)
Due to the need of money this having a place to accommodate the football team of the Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara that was then on the third tier of Mexican football; construction on the stadium began in 1971.
The steel stands were prefabricated and had a capacity of around 3,000 people. In virtue of UAG ascending to the second level of Mexican football in the year 1973 and according to a ruling from the Federación Mexicana de Fútbol Asociación. New concrete stands were constructed on the sides of the pitch. This brought the stadium capacity to 15,000 people, the minimum forum for a second division stadium.
The stadium once again went through renovation in order to accommodate the 1986 World Cup which brought the capacity to 30,015 people after new standing room areas were created.
In 1999, Estadio Tres de Marzo underwent its last major renovation which included improvements such as a new pitch and drainage system. The stadium earns its name for the founding date of the Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara, On March 3, 1935.
Later, in 2009, Estadio Tres de Marzo was remodeled to fit the new modern look of Estudiantes Tecos and changed the stands' colors from being yellow and red, to wine red, while also drawing out the team's logo in the middle of both the east and west sides of the main stands.
1986 FIFA World CupEdit
The following games were played at the stadium during the World Cup of 1986:
|Date||Time (CST/UTC-6)||Team #1||Res.||Team #2||Round||Spectators|
|1986-06-03||12.00||Algeria||1–1||Northern Ireland||Group D||22,000|
- February 8 and 9, 2003 - Shakira, Tour of the Mongoose
- March 22 and 23, 2006 - Luis Miguel, Mexico En La Piel Tour
- March 4, 2007 - Roger Waters, The Dark Side of the Moon Live
- November 12, 2007 - Soda Stereo, Gira Me Verás Volver
- February 23, 2008 - Maná, Amar es Combatir Tour
- March 1, 2010 - Metallica, World Magnetic Tour
- March 9, 2010 - Coldplay, Viva la Vida Tour
- October 6, 2010 - The Black Eyed Peas, The E.N.D World Tour
- October 23, 2010 - Jonas Brothers, Live In Concert Word Tour 2010
- April 5, 2011 - Shakira, The Sun Comes Out World Tour
- May 3, 2011 - Lady Gaga, The Monster Ball Tour
- October 26, 2011 - Maná, Drama y Luz World Tour
- December 1, 2011 - Britney Spears, Femme Fatale Tour
- October 14, 2018 - Shakira, El Dorado World Tour