A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (May 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The neutrality of this article is disputed. (May 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Launched||28 April 2016|
|Owned by||Alin Stacescu & Viktor Tokarev|
|Slogan||Bringing Essex Together|
Essex TV launched at 9:30am on 28 April 2016.
On 27 December 2016, an article on World News Network reported that the channel was up for sale, reportedly having being valued for £675,000. On 6 February 2017 an article in Harlow Star stated that the company had reported losses of £20,000 for their first year of operating, critics later added that the loss led to meltdown of takeover talks from a prospective buyer.
In the run up to the 2016 UK EU referendum. Essex TV produced a documentary named Is Essex IN or OUT released on 20 June, featuring Boris Johnson, local public figures and various members of the public from Essex.
In July 2016, it was revealed that Essex TV had become the first media organization to be granted permission to film King Kigeli V of Rwanda during a UK visit as part of a documentary that was being produced about his life by the channel.
On 27 October 2016, Essex TV announced the launch of Essex Magazine, a tabloid print publication which is a part-owned subsidiary, Essex Magazine adopted similar branding with Essex TV.
- Great Baddow: Essex TV starts filming in Great Baddow Accessed on 9/6/2016
- Balls, Sam (2016-03-27). "Filming begins for TV channel based in Essex". Harlow Star. Retrieved 2016-05-05.
- https://www.essex-tv.co.uk/board/ Accessed on 12/9/2016
- http://www.screenscene.co.uk/news/tv-news/2016/03/16/local-tv-channel-essex-launch-april/ Accessed on 9/6/2016
- https://article.wn.com/view/2016/12/27/The_digital_boom_British_digital_channel_EssexTV_valued_at_6_u/ Accessed on 29/12/2016
- Mata, Will (2017-02-16). "Harlow entrepreneur speaks on Essex TV's future after £20,000 loss". Harlow Star. Retrieved 2017-03-17.
- http://www.brentwoodweeklynews.co.uk/news/14544153.TV_station_makes_show_on_EU_referendum/, TV station makes show on EU referendum Accessed on 10/7/2016
- "Essex TV get royal nod for documentary". Essex Lowdown. 2016-07-06. Retrieved 2016-07-09.[permanent dead link]
- http://www.barkinganddagenhampost.co.uk/home/post_people_essex_tv_lad_from_dagenham_let_loose_with_own_show_1_4609123 Accessed on 10/07/2016
- Brading, Wendy (15 August 2016). "He's back: X Factor star Stevi set to return to our screens in new show about Essex". Essex County Standard. Retrieved 18 August 2016.
- Cruse, Ellena. "Romford male chat show will use 'banter' to tackle issues". Retrieved 18 June 2017.
- ""Making films has now become my passion" admits Steve Call in exclusive interview – Essex Mag". www.essexmagazine.co.uk. Retrieved 18 June 2017.
- http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/14962712.TV_channel_appeals_for_festive_messages_from_Essex_businesses_and_residents/ Accessed on 29/12/2016
- "Essex Mag - Essex-TV". Retrieved 18 June 2017.
- Pattison, Rob (2017-03-14). "Ed Sheeran's rapper cousin probed by cops over 'threats to reviewers' after being compared to 'itch you can't shake off'". The Sun. Retrieved 2017-03-17.
- "Police investigate Ed Sheeran's rapper cousin over alleged threats". Retrieved 18 June 2017.
- "EssexTV Awards". EssexTV. 2017-01-29. Retrieved 2017-03-21.
- "Danniella Westbrook parties with former Big Brother star Chelsea Singh at Essex TV Awards". The Sun. December 3, 2017.
- "Essex TV Awards - Red Carpet Arrivals". December 3, 2017.