Erskine Theological Seminary is an institution of graduate theological and pastoral education. The Seminary is based in Due West, South Carolina, United States, and also offers classes at a second degree-granting campus in Columbia, South Carolina. Erskine Seminary operates an extension site in Greenville, South Carolina. Erskine Seminary is in the conservative Presbyterian tradition, and primarily prepares candidates for ordained Christian ministry]], as well as pastoral counselors, and candidates for Licensed Professional Counselor . The Seminary – founded in 1837 – is now the graduate arm of Erskine College, a liberal arts college established in 1839 and affiliated with the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church. The published mission of Erskine Theological Seminary is: "The mission of Erskine Theological Seminary is to prepare men and women to fulfill the Great Commission of Jesus Christ through theological higher education that is Biblical, ecclesial, and missional (Matthew 28:16-20)."
|Motto||For Christ and His Church.|
|Provost||Michael A. Milton, PhD|
|Dean||Ralph J. Gore, PhD|
|Students||128 (Fall 2019)|
|Colors||Maroon, Old Gold|
|Affiliations||Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church, Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada, SACS|
On April 22, 2011, five members of the Erskine College and Seminary faculties issued a Good Friday Statement addressing toleration of neo-orthodoxy among the Seminary faculty and supporting their understanding of the Bible as "inerrant in the original autographs" as the official position of the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church. The Seminary began a strengthening of conservative and evangelical positions and alliances that led to the appointment of Dr. Michael A. Milton as Interim Provost of the Seminary (2019). Milton, the former chancellor of Reformed Seminary, president of Knox Theological Seminary, Senior Pastor of the historic First Presbyterian Church of Chattanooga, Chaplain (Colonel) USA Ret., and a longtime pastor in the Presbyterian Church in America, accepted the call as the permanent Provost of the Seminary in December 2019.
Erskine Theological Seminary offers residential study at its campuses in Due West, Columbia, and Greenville, South Carolina. The Seminary provides study opportunities through residential, blended online and online. The Seminary's online teaching and learning ministry is called Erskine Online.
Students may create concentrations in Chaplain Ministries, Pastoral Counseling, and Sports Ministry. The Seminary announced in 2020 the approval to being an academic and practise-based program leading to a Master of Christian Counseling. The program is aimed at training students to become Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC).
- Master of Divinity (M.Div.)
- Master of Arts in Christian Counseling (M.A.C.C)
- Master of Arts in Practical Ministry (M.A.P.M)
- Master of Arts in Theological Studies (M.A.T.S)
- Master of Theology (Th.M.)
- Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.)
- "College Navigator - Erskine College".
- "Erskine Theological Seminary: Who We Are". Erskine College and Theological Seminary. 2015-01-15. Retrieved 2019-08-29.
- "Statement on Scripture by Concerned Erskine Faculty Members". reformation21. Retrieved 5 May 2012.
- Tanner, AuthorSusan (2019-09-03). "ETS announces Interim Provost". ARP News. Retrieved 2020-11-22.
- "Erskine Theological Seminary announces interim Provost". Erskine Seminary. 2019-09-01. Retrieved 2020-11-22.
- "Milton, Michael A." Erskine Seminary. Retrieved 2020-11-22.
- "Degrees". Erskine Theological Seminary. Erskine Theological Seminary. Retrieved 17 January 2018.
- "Catalog of Erskine Theological Seminary". Academic Catalog. Erskine College and Theological Seminary. 2018-08-01. Retrieved 2019-08-29.