This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
The EY Entrepreneur of the Year Awards previously Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Awards is an award sponsored by Ernst & Young in recognition of entrepreneurship. Founded in 1986 in Milwaukee as a single award, as of 2016 twenty-five programs were run in all 50 US states and more than 60 countries.
|EY Entrepreneur of the Year Award|
|Sponsored by||Ernst & Young|
|Presented by||Ernst & Young|
The award may be given to multiple individuals per year; for example, in 2013 there were ten winners in the state of New York, with winners in the categories of retail and consumer products; technology; family business; emerging; energy, chemical and mining; food products and services; real estate, hospitality, and construction; financial services; digital media; and transformational. In 2014, there were eleven national winners in the US; with one individual recognized as the overall award winner.
Since 1986, over 10,000 people have received awards. averaging 400 recipients annually.
EY World Entrepreneur of the YearEdit
Every year since 1986, the overall country winners have gathered in Monte Carlo, Monaco, for EY World Entrepreneur of the Year. Nominees are reviewed by an independent judging panel of business leaders and previous award recipients. All country winners are inducted into the EY World Entrepreneur of the Year Hall of Fame. The judges for EY World Entrepreneur of the Year 2020 were Manny Stul, Chairman and Co-CEO, Moose Toys, Rosaleen Blair CBE, Founder and Chair, Alexander Mann Solutions, Emine Sabancı Kamışlı, Co-founder and Vice Chairperson, Esas Holding, George Hongchoy, Executive Director and CEO, Link Asset Management Limited, Sipho Nkosi, Chairman, Sasol and Hernan Kazah, Co-founder and Managing Partner, Kaszek Ventures.
21st century recipientsEdit
Along with the World Entrepreneur of the Year EY also bestows other award titles.
EY Entrepreneur of the Year Alumni Social Impact AwardEdit
Inaugurated in 2018, the EY Entrepreneur of the Year Alumni Social Impact Award recognizes the achievements of business leaders whose legacies have had global impact. This award is peer-selected by EOY alumni that form the Global Alumni Council. Recipients of this award are considered to be EOY alumni.
|2016||Selim Bassoul||Bassoul Dignity Foundation||Lebanon|
|2018||Andrew Forrest||Fortescue Metals Group||Australia|||
- "EY World Entrepreneur of the Year Awards". United States: Ernst & Young. Retrieved 9 June 2016.
- "Meet NY award recipients". Entrepreneur of the Year Awards. United States: Ernst & Young. 2013.
- "US winners". Entrepreneur of the Year Awards. United States: EY. 2014. Archived from the original on 2015-04-16.
- "Visit the Hall of Fame". Entrepreneur of the Year Awards. United States: EY. Archived from the original on 22 April 2016. Retrieved 9 June 2016.
- "Entrepreneur of the Year". United States: EY. Archived from the original on 2012-07-14.
- "EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year 2020". www.cnbc.com.
- "Matrix chief among award winners". The West Australian. 2011-07-29. Retrieved 2022-10-11.
- "AI software founder wins world entrepreneur award". Financial Times. 2019-06-08. Retrieved 2022-10-11.
- "Celltrion chairman selected as entrepreneur of year". koreatimes. 2020-11-09. Retrieved 2022-10-11.
- "Pakistani wins Ernst & Young's Entrepreneur of the Year award". The Express Tribune. 2022-07-08. Retrieved 2022-10-11.
- "CEO of Argentina-based Aleph Group named EY World Entrepreneur of the Year". The Irish Times. Retrieved 2022-10-11.
- "EY honors Andrew Forrest with 2018 EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ Alumni Social Impact Award". Ernst & Young. 14 June 2018. Retrieved 18 June 2018.
- "Dr. Liu Jiren honored with 2019 EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ Alumni Award for Societal Impact" Ernst & Young, EY.com. 6 June 2019.
- Media related to Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award at Wikimedia Commons
- "EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year™ Award winners" Ernst & Young, EY.com. 2019.