Erik van den Doel
|Erik van den Doel|
Erik van den Doel in 2007
|Born||15 May 1979|
|Title||Grandmaster (GM) (1998)|
|FIDE rating||2601 (August 2020)|
|Peak rating||2616 (December 2018)|
In the 1990s and 2000s Erik van den Doel was one of the leading Dutch chess players. In 2001, in Leeuwarden he shared first place with Loek van Wely in Dutch Chess Championship but lost additional match for the title of national champion. Erik van den Doel is winner of many international chess tournaments, including Alphen aan den Rijn (1995), London (1998), Haarlem (1998), Dieren (1998, 2007), Neckar Open in Deizisau (1999), Lisbon (2000), Bussum (2005), Bad Zwesten (2006), Leiden (2007, 2008).
- In 1998, at fourth board in the 33rd Chess Olympiad in Elista (+4, =3, -1),
- In 2002, at fourth board in the 35th Chess Olympiad in Bled (+5, =0, -4),
- In 2004, at first reserve board in the 36th Chess Olympiad in Calvià (+3, =3, -2),
- In 2006, at first reserve board in the 37th Chess Olympiad in Turin (+1, =3, -1).
- In 2001, at fourth board in the 13th European Team Chess Championship in León (+3, =1, -1) and won team gold and individual bronze medal,
- In 2003, at third board in the 14th European Team Chess Championship in Plovdiv (+1, =3, -2),
- In 2005, at reserve board in the 15th European Team Chess Championship in Gothenburg (+1, =4, -0) and won team gold medal,
- In 2007, at fourth board in the 16th European Team Chess Championship in Heraklion (+1, =4, -1).
In 1998, he was awarded the FIDE Grandmaster (GM) title.
- "OlimpBase :: Men's Chess Olympiads :: Erik van den Doel". www.olimpbase.org.
- "OlimpBase :: European Men's Team Chess Championship :: Erik van den Doel". www.olimpbase.org.
- Erik van den Doel rating card at FIDE
- Erik van den Doel player profile and games at Chessgames.com
- Erik van den Doel chess games at 365chess.com
|This biographical article relating to a Dutch chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|