Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii
The Episcopal Diocese of Hawai'i is the ecclesiastical territory or diocese of the Episcopal Church of the Anglican Communion in the United States encompassing the state of Hawaii. It is led by the Episcopal Bishop of Hawaii pastoring the Hawaiian Islands from the Cathedral Church of Saint Andrew in Honolulu.
Diocese of Hawai'i
|Ecclesiastical province||Province VIII|
|Cathedral||Cathedral Church of Saint Andrew|
|Bishop||Robert L. Fitzpatrick|
Location of the Diocese of Hawaii
The territorial jurisdiction which the Episcopal Diocese of Honolulu holds today was given up to American Episcopalians after the 1893 overthrow of Queen Liliuokalani, head of the Church of Hawaii. The Church of Hawaii, also called the Hawaii Reformed Catholic Church, was established by Kamehameha IV and Emma in 1862. The king and queen, friends of Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom, were devout members of the Church of England. Episcopalians continue the Anglican Church of Hawaii tradition of celebrating the Feast of the Holy Sovereigns each November 28, in honor of Kamhehameha IV and Queen Emma.
This section needs to be updated.October 2019)(
- Church of the Holy Apostles, Hilo, (no current vicar)
- Christ Church, Kona, Kealakekua, (no current vicar)
- St. Augustine's Church, Kapa'au, Vicar,
- St. Columba Church, Pa'ahau, Priest with oversight, The Reverend David Stout
- St. James Church, Waimea, Rector, The Reverend David Stout
- St. Jude's Church, Oceanview, (no current vicar)
- All Saints', Kapaʻa (first Episcopal Church built in 1925), Rector, The Reverend Ryan Newman
- Christ Memorial, Kilauea
- St. John’s, Eleele
- St. Paul’s, Kekaha
- St. Michael and All Angels and All Angels, Lihue (dedicated in 1991), Rector, The Reverend Andrew McMullen
- Good Shepherd Episcopal Church, Wailuku, Rector, The Reverend Craig Vance; Associate, The Reverend Linda Decker; Associate, The Reverend John Hauoli Tamoso
- Holy Innocents, Lahaina, Vicar, The Reverend Amy Crowe
- St. John's Episcopal Church, Kula, Priest-in-charge, The Reverend Kerith Harding
- Trinity-by-the-Sea, Kihei, Vicar, The Reverend Bruce Degooyer
- Cathedral of Saint Andrew, Honolulu, Priest in Charge, The Reverend Robert Moki Hino; Associate, The Reverend Malcom Chun; Associate The Reverend Malcolm Keleawe Hee
- Calvary Mission, Kaneohe, (no current vicar)
- Emmanuel Church, Kailua, Vicar, vacant
- Epiphany Church, Honolulu, Rector, vacant
- Good Samaritan Church, Honolulu, Vicar, vacant
- Holy Cross Church, Kahuku, (no current rector)
- Holy Nativity Church, Honolulu, Interim Rector, The Rev. Cn. Kate Cullinane; Curate, The Rev. Christopher Bridges; Deacon, The Rev. Dcn. Robert Steele
- St. Christopher's, Kailua, Rector, The Reverend Giovan King
- St. Clement's, Makiki, Interim Rector, The Reverend Canon Catherine Cullaine
- St. Elizabeth's, Kalihi, Rector, The Reverend David Gierlach
- St. George's Church and School, Pearl Harbor, Closed.
- St. John's By-The-Sea, Kaneohe, Vicar, The Reverend Paul Nahoa Lucas
- St. John's The Baptist, Waianae, Acting Vicar, The Reverend Kaleo Patterson
- St. Luke's, Vicar, The Reverend Raymond Woo
- St. Mark's, Honolulu, Rector, The Reverend Paul Lillie
- St. Matthew's, Waimanalo, Vicar, The Reverend Mahi Bemis
- St. Mary's, Mo`ili`ili, Rector, vacant
- St. Nicholas', Kapolei, Vicar, The Reverend Ernesto Pasalo, Jr.
- St. Paul's, Honolulu, Vicar, The Reverend Randolph Albano (jointly administered by the Episcopal Church and the Philippine Independent Church)
- St. Peter's, Honolulu, Rector, The Reverend Diane Martinson
- St. Stephen's, Wahiawa, Acting Vicar, The Reverend Kaleo Patterson
- St. Timothy's, Aiea, Priest-in-Charge, The Rev. Daniel Leatherman
- Blain, Rev. Michael (2007). The Canterbury Association (1848-1852): A Study of Its Members’ Connections (PDF). Christchurch: Project Canterbury. p. 75. Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- "Kauai, the garden isle". episcopalhawaii.org. Archived from the original on December 21, 2013. Retrieved December 20, 2013.
- "Maui - the valley isle". episcopalhawaii.org. Archived from the original on December 16, 2013. Retrieved December 20, 2013.