Enzo Sciotti (born September 24, 1944, in Rome, Italy) is an Italian artist and illustrator. Sciotti is known for his illustrations of more than 3000 movie posters, including The Beyond, Demons, The Blood of Heroes and several Lucio Fulci, Dario Argento and Lamberto Bava films. He has also painted covers for comics, albums and VHSs.
September 24, 1944 |
|Known for||Poster art, illustration|
Thanks to his great ability for drawing and his passion for the world of cinema, Sciotti, at the age of 16, found a job as an artist at a graphics studio producing movie posters in Rome. After 15 years, Sciotti opened his own studio in Rome.
In the 1980s, he became one of the best-known European artists of cinema posters. In his long career Sciotti worked on many films directed by Lucio Fulci, like City of the Living Dead, The House by the Cemetery, Manhattan Baby and A Cat in the Brain and also with other directors like Dario Argento, Lamberto Bava, David Lynch, George Romero, David Webb Peoples and the Coen brothers.
- "Enzo Sciotti". bedetheque.com. Retrieved May 24, 2016.
- "Kinoplakate von Enzo Sciotti". filmposter-archiv.de. Retrieved May 24, 2016.
- "Enzo Sciotti at Comicvine". Comic Vine Gamespot. comicvine.gamespot.com. Retrieved April 30, 2016.
- "Enzo Sciotti Discography at Discogs". discogs.com. Retrieved April 30, 2016.
- "Cover Art Gallery". Cult Reviews. Retrieved April 30, 2016.
- Chris Campion (24 July 2015). "Can I get a rewind! The lost art of the VHS cover". The Guardian. Retrieved December 27, 2015.
- "Artists Fabio Frizzi - Enzo Sciotti". All Tomorrow's Parties. Retrieved May 24, 2016.
- "Enzo Sciotti". unflinchingeye.blogspot.it. Retrieved May 24, 2016.
- "The Book - The Italian Masters Return - Enzo Sciotti". indiegogo. Retrieved May 24, 2016.