Entertainer's Basketball Classic is a basketball tournament held at Rucker Park in New York City. It was founded by Greg Marius in 1982. In 1986, the original Rucker Park Tournament became the Entertainers Basketball Classic. Participants of the tournament include NBA professionals such as Allen Iverson, Stephon Marbury, Wilt Chamberlain, Kobe Bryant, Julius Erving, Kyrie Irving, as well NCAA elite players from schools like Syracuse University.
Additionally, entertainers who have attended the event include musician Cam'ron, Jay-Z, Fat Joe Denzel Washington, Bill Clinton, Snoop Dogg, Bill Cosby, and David Stern. The event is often sponsored by companies like Reebok, MTV, and And1. The MSG, ESPN, and NBA often broadcast games from their channels.
- ^ Slotnik, Daniel E. (2017-04-25). "Greg Marius, Impresario of Harlem Street Ball, Dies at 59". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2021-10-11.
- ^ a b c Tuchman, Robert (21 August 2013). The 100 Sporting Events You Must See Live: An Insider's Guide to Creating the Sports Experience of a Lifetime. BenBella Books, Inc. ISBN 9781935251149 – via Google Books.
- ^ Armstrong, Kevin (3 September 2016). "All-Star team makes sure world doesn't forget about Sean Bell". New York Daily News.
- ^ Cheng, Wes (28 July 2016). "Recruiting Roundup: Several 2017 Syracuse basketball targets to play in Entertainer's Basketball Classic". The Juice.
- ^ a b Krastz, Roger (10 August 2016). "Cam'ron's Reebok Sneaker Collab Will Arrive With His Album This Fall". XXL.
- ^ a b c Company, Johnson Publishing (8 September 2003). "Jet". Johnson Publishing Company – via Google Books.
- ^ Penrice, Ronda Racha (4 May 2011). African American History For Dummies. John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 9781118069813 – via Google Books.