Enteng ng Ina Mo
Enteng ng Ina Mo (lit. 'Your Mother's Enteng') is a 2011 Filipino fantasy comedy parody and action film starring Vic Sotto and Ai-Ai delas Alas. It is a joint production by Star Cinema, M-Zet Productions, APT Entertainment and OctoArts Films and is a cross-over to the Enteng Kabisote and Tanging Ina series. It is an official entry to the 2011 Metro Manila Film Festival and was released on December 25, 2011.
|Enteng ng Ina Mo|
Theatrical movie poster
|Directed by||Tony Y. Reyes|
|Screenplay by||Danno Kristoper C. Mariquit|
|Music by||Jessie Lasaten|
|Edited by||Charliebebs Gohetia|
|Distributed by||Star Cinema|
(Official 2011 MMFF run)
Enteng Kabisote (Vic Sotto) wants to retire as the perennial hero of Engkantasya and have a normal life with his family without the magical elements. Ina Montecillo (Ai-Ai delas Alas) longs to have the right partner to be with her for the rest of her life.
One day, Enteng is placed under a powerful evil spell by Engkantasya's evil fairy Satana to fall in love with another woman. And when he meets Ina, he exerts all the effort Ina to fall for him. Ina, on the other hand, slowly opens her heart for this new opportunity of love.
Enteng then tries his best to be a father to Ina's children even if they are not fully supportive of him. But when their relationship gets serious, Ina discovers the truth – Enteng already has a family.
After discovering the truth of Enteng's family and the evil spell cast upon Enteng was worn off, Ina's family teamed up with Enteng's family to fight off Satana and her minions for what she had done as Ina Magenta gives Ina Montecillo some of their powers to fight her.
After defeating Satana as they celebrate their victory, both Enteng and Ina set their differences and became friends. However at the arrival of both Tirso "Pip" Montecillo (Alwyn Uytingco) and Aiza Kabisote (Aiza Seguerra), both Enteng and Ina scolds them for being late and to their horrible shock that Pip accidentally impregnates Aiza during their schedules in late nights (The same scene where Pip accidentally impregnates the woman he did not met while in a drunken state and had a daughter named Monay) and both were comically shocked that they will became as upcoming grandparents on Aiza's unborn child making themselves as both father and mother in-law to both Aiza and Pip.
- Vic Sotto as Enteng Kabisote
- Aiza Seguerra as Aiza Kabisote
- Oyo Boy Sotto as Benok Kabisote
- Amy Perez as Ina Magenta
- Bing Loyzaga as Satana/Amarillo
- Ruby Rodriguez as Amy
- Jose Manalo as Bodyguard Jose
- Mikylla Ramirez as Ada Kabisote
- Gwen Zamora as Faye Kabisote
- Wally Bayola as Bodyguard Boggart
- Paolo Ballesteros as Gay Lover
- Pauleen Luna as Sexy Waitress
- Megan Young as Ina Azul
- Precious Lara Quigaman as Ina Berde
- Fritz Ynfante as Doctor Fairy
- Ciara Sotto as Trainors
- Gian Sotto
- Janice Hung as Ether
- Wahoo Sotto
- Jerome Galica
- Gerard Acao as Mariahouit
- Thou Reyes as Danolla
- Ai-Ai delas Alas as Ina Montecillo
- Marvin Agustin as Juan Montecillo
- Nikki Valdez as Getrudis "Tudis" Montecillo
- Carlo Aquino as Dimitri "Tri" Montecillo
- Alwyn Uytingco as Tirso "Pip" Montecillo
- Xyriel Manabat as Monay Montecillo
- Eugene Domingo as Rowena (special participation)
- Owie Boy Gapuz as Ogie Boy Montecillo
- Jon Avila as Frank
- Heart Evangelista as Portia "Por" Montecillo (mentioned only)
- Empoy Marquez as William (Seven's Husband)
- Cecil Paz as Malena
- Shaina Magdayao as Severina "Seven" Montecillo (mentioned only)
- Erika Padilla as Nora
- Piolo Pascual as PSG Carlito
|2011||Metro Manila Film Festival||Second Best Picture||Enteng ng Ina Mo||Won|
|Kutis Ganda Award - Female||Ai Ai delas Alas||Won|
|2nd runner-up for Best Float||Enteng ng Ina Mo||Won|
|Best Make-Up||Florencia Penero, Niccolo Medina, and Jayvee Flores||Won|
|2012||GMMSF Box-Office Entertainment Awards||Box-Office Tandem||Vic Sotto and Ai Ai delas Alas||Won|
The film captured the number one spot on the first day of 2011 Metro Manila Film Festival box office race with a whooping ₱38.5 million gross well ahead of the runners-up, Ang Panday 2, and Segunda Mano with ₱20 million and ₱18.25 million gross respectively.
During its opening day, the film grossed over ₱38.5 million nationwide making it as the highest-grossing film on its first day of all-time in the Philippines breaking the records of Spiderman and Avatar. On its 2nd Day, the movie total gross is ₱69 million. It is higher than Ang Panday 2, with ₱38 million and Segunda Mano with ₱35 million. On its third day, (according to MMFF committee) Enteng ng Ina Mo grossed 91.9 million. Enteng ng Ina Mo breaks the 4 Day Record of The Unkabogable Praybeyt Benjamin(₱109 million) with a record of ₱110 Million. After 4 weeks of showing, the film grossed P 237 million and became the third highest-grossing Filipino film of all time and highest-grossing MMFF film of all time.
The film was graded "B" by the Cinema Evaluation Board of the Philippines.
Antonio Siegfrid O. Alegado of Business World described that the film could have been better had it not been hampered by poor editing as it was clear that the fusion of the families of Enteng and Ina was done in rather sloppy fashion. The film, however, was saved by the Tanging Ina cast thanks to nice performances.
Mark Angelo Ching of PEP.ph gave the film a stronger review and described it as "the perfect mix of humor and fantasy that MMFF moviegoers look for year after year." The review also noted the solid performances of Gwen Zamora, Xyriel Manabat, and Thou Reyes.
In regards to the film's concept of doing a cinematic crossover of two established characters, Philbert Ortiz Dy stated that "filmmakers were content to just have the two big stars together on screen, giving them dialogue from other movies and pushing towards some ridiculous adventure climax".
- The Kabisote family recognized Ina as the former president. They are referring to the movie, Ang Tanging Ina N'yong Lahat, when Ina became the president.
- This is also the Vic Sotto's second project under Star Cinema in 2011 after Pak! Pak! My Dr. Kwak!
- Also the reunion of Ai-Ai delas Alas and Vic Sotto after successful of the movie of Bakit ba ganyan? (Ewan ko nga ba, Darling)(2000)
- The last scene where Pip accidentally impregnates Aiza to the horrible surprise of both Enteng and Ina is a reference of how Pip had a daughter named Monay in the third and final film of Ang Tanging Ina Mo (Last na 'To!) where he accidentally impregnates the woman he had never met during their drunken state.
- "MMFF 2011 Box-Office Results: Enteng Ng Ina Mo, runaway winner; Segunda Mano, second". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved January 8, 2012.
- "Enteng ng Ina Mo official poster". November 22, 2011. Archived from the original on 2012-02-04.
- Arniel Serato (November 21, 2011). "Eugene Domingo, okay lang maging dalagang ina!". Pinoy Parazzi.
- "Vice Ganda named Phenomenal Box-Office Star; Derek Ramsay is Box-Office King while Anne Curtis and Cristine Reyes share Box-Office Queen title" Archived July 1, 2015, at the Wayback Machine. Pep.ph. Retrieved 2014-05-20.
- 2 MMFF Filmd graded "A" by CEB[permanent dead link] via Philippine Star
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-07-14. Retrieved 2011-12-31.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)