Among his important works in Naples are:
- façade of the church of Santa Maria di Piedigrotta (1853);
- laid out (with others) the street, Corso Maria Teresa, today named Corso Vittorio Emanuele (between 1852 and 1860), finished in 1870;
- planned the restoration of the façade of the Cathedral of Naples, completed in 1870;
- redesigned the Santa Lucia quarter in 1862;
- redesigned (with others) the Villa Comunale;
- converted the ancient convent of San Giovanni a Costantinopoli into the Royal Academy of Fine Arts;
- (in Italian) Emilio Lavagnino, ALVINO, Enrico in Dizionario Biografico degli Italiani, II volume, Rome, Istituto dell'Enciclopedia Italiana, 1960.