Energy in the Netherlands
Energy in the Netherlands describes energy and electricity production, consumption and import in the Netherlands. Electricity sector in the Netherlands is the main article of electricity in the Netherlands.
|Change 2004-2013||3.1%||-5.8%||2.2%||-17.1 %||1.8%||-16.1%|
| Mtoe = 11.63 TWh . Prim. energy includes energy losses that are 2/3 for nuclear power
2012R = CO2 calculation criteria changed, numbers updated
|EU and the Netherlands Wind Energy Capacity (MW)|
Transition away from natural gasEdit
To reduce its greenhouse emissions, the government of the Netherlands is subsidizing a transition away from natural gas for all homes in the country by 2050. In Amsterdam, no new residential gas accounts are allowed as of July 1, 2018, and all homes in the city are expected to be converted by 2040. Electric stoves are expected to replace gas stoves.
District heating is expected to replace natural gas for the heating of buildings. The Amsterdam area is already supplied to some degree with heat from waste incineration. New sources are expected to include geothermal energy, surface waters, and data centers.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Energy in the Netherlands.|
- Renewable energy in the Netherlands
- Electricity sector in the Netherlands
- Flowdiagram of Energy in the Netherlands
- IEA Key World Energy Statistics Statistics 2015, 2014 (2012R as in November 2015 + 2012 as in March 2014 is comparable to previous years statistical calculation criteria, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2006 IEA October, crude oil p.11, coal p. 13 gas p. 15
- Energy in Sweden 2010 Archived October 16, 2013, at the Wayback Machine. Facts and figures. The Swedish Energy Agency. Table 8 Losses in nuclear power stations Table 9 Nuclear power brutto
- EWEA Staff (2010). "Cumulative installed capacity per EU Member State 1998 - 2009 (MW)". European Wind Energy Association. Retrieved 2010-05-22.
- EWEA Staff (February 2011). "EWEA Annual Statistics 2010" (PDF). European Wind Energy Association. Retrieved 2011-01-31.
- EWEA Staff (February 2012). "EWEA Annual Statistics 2011" (PDF). European Wind Energy Association. Retrieved 2011-02-18.
- Wind in power: 2012 European statistics February 2013
- "Van der Pekbuurt gaat als eerste Amsterdamse wijk van het aardgas af" (in Dutch). 1 Oct 2018.
- "Amsterdam stimuleert ontwikkeling duurzame warmtenetten" (in Dutch). 5 Oct 2018.