Energy Resources Aotearoa, formerly known as Petroleum Exploration and Production Association of New Zealand (PEPANZ) until March 2021, is an incorporated society based in Wellington which represents the wider energy resources sector, including the upstream oil and gas sector in New Zealand. They work with central and local government, stakeholders and the wider public. As part of this they hold events, publish educational booklets, make numerous submissions and run the social media campaign Energy Voices to promote use of natural gas.
|Headquarters||Wellington, New Zealand|
|John Carnegie, chief executive|
Full members include:
Associate members include service providers to the oil and gas industry in New Zealand (such as contractors, legal firms, engineers).
Energy Resources Aotearoa says it supports the transition to lower emissions.
- "Energy Resources Aotearoa - BusinessNZ". www.businessnz.org.nz.
- Watson, Mike (11 March 2021). "Oil and gas lobbyists PEPANZ seek broader role with name change". Stuff.
- "Energy Voices". Energy Resources.
- "Our Members". Energy Resources.
- "The future of oil and gas in a lower carbon world". Energy Resources Aotearoa. 29 October 2018.
- Oram, Rod (8 April 2018). "Earlier is better for climate change action". Newsroom.
- Māori Climate Commissioner (4 February 2019). "PEPANZ are not the future" (Press release). Scoop Business.