Eneco, the trading name of Eneco Holding N.V., is a producer and suppliers of natural gas, electricity and heat in the Netherlands, serving more than 2 million business and residential customers. Eneco headquarters are located in Rotterdam. It also carries out energy trading and is involved in sustainable energy projects.
|Public (Naamloze Vennootschap)|
|Ruud Sondag (CEO)|
Waste management and processing
|Revenue||€5,300 million (2012)|
|€233 million (2012)|
Number of employees
Eneco is the largest power company in Zuid Holland.
The company is divided into five business units:
- Eneco New Energy - responsible for sustainable generation and sustainable energy projects
- Eneco Energy Trade - responsible for trade in energy and biomass
- Eneco Netherlands - the main company, supplying gas and electricity to the Netherlands
- Eneco Installation Companies - responsible for heating installations and the supply of energy to customers
- Eneco International - responsible for projects outside of the Netherlands
On 8 January 2010 the United Kingdom Crown Estate awarded Eneco New Energy the Zone 7 offshore wind farm licence for UK waters. This gave the company exclusive rights to create a 900 MW offshore wind farm (Navitus Bay) off the west coast of the Isle of Wight.
In December 2016, the company was awarded the Borssele 3 and 4 project, along with consortium partners Shell, Van Oord, and Mitsubishi/DGE. It was obtained for the lowest-ever strike price at the time (54.50 euro cents per megawatt-hour).
- Eneco Organisational chart
- BBC News article
- Enerco Press statement
- Isle of Wight County press article
- "Shell-Partners consortium ready to build Dutch offshore wind farm". Reuters. 2018-06-28. Retrieved 2019-05-13.
|This Dutch corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a company or corporation involved in the energy industry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|