Endless Flight is the fourth album by English singer-songwriter Leo Sayer, which was released in 1976. It was released in the U.S. and Canada by Warner Bros. Records and in the UK by Chrysalis Records.
|Studio album by|
|Genre||Pop rock, soft rock, disco|
Warner Bros. (USA)
|Leo Sayer chronology|
The album consolidated his international popularity, reaching #4 in the UK and #10 in the USA; it also charted strongly in other countries including Sweden, Norway, the Netherlands and New Zealand, and was certified as a platinum album in both the UK and the USA, and double-platinum in Canada. The peak of his career came in 1977, when he scored two consecutive US number one hits, first with the disco-styled "You Make Me Feel Like Dancing" (a Grammy Award winner for the year's best Rhythm and Blues Song), followed by the romantic ballad, "When I Need You" (1977), which reached number one in both the UK and US. Written by Albert Hammond and Carole Bayer Sager, it was Sayer's first UK #1 single (after three number two hits). It was also the first of two UK chart-toppers in a row for producer Richard Perry.
This album received critical acclaim upon release, and won a Grammy Award for the hit single "You Make Me Feel Like Dancing."
|Christgau's Record Guide||B|
- "Hold On To My Love" (Barry Mann, Cynthia Weil, Sayer)
- "You Make Me Feel Like Dancing" (Vini Poncia, Sayer)
- "Reflections" (Holland-Dozier-Holland)
- "When I Need You" (Albert Hammond, Carole Bayer Sager) - 4:09
- "No Business Like Love Business" (Brad Shapiro, Clarence Reid, Steve Alaimo, Willie Clarke)
- Leo Sayer - guitar, harmonica, vocals
- John Barnes - piano, clavinet
- Bill Bodine - bass
- Paul Buckmaster - synthesizer, cello
- Auburn Burrell - guitar
- Larry Carlton - guitar
- Steve Gadd - drums
- Bob Glaub - guitar
- Ed Greene - drums
- Bobbye Hall - percussion
- David Hungate - bass guitar
- John Barlow Jarvis - piano
- Mark T. Jordan - electric piano
- Clydie King - background vocals
- Trevor Lawrence - horn
- Bobby Keys - Saxophone on "When I Need You"
- Becky Louis - background vocals
- Steve Madaio - horn
- Sherlie Matthews - background vocals
- Andy Muson - bass guitar
- Danny O'Keefe - performer
- Nigel Olsson - drums
- Michael Omartian - electric piano
- Ray Parker Jr. - guitar
- Dean Parks - dobro, guitar, electric guitar
- Jimmy Phillips - synthesizer, mellophonium
- Jeff Porcaro - drums
- Chuck Rainey - bass guitar
- Lee Ritenour - guitar
- Rick Shlosser - drums
- Earl Slick - guitar
- James Stroud - synthesizer synth programming and drums
- John Vastano - guitar
- Willie Weeks - bass guitar
- Richard Tee - piano
|1976||UK Albums Chart||4|
|1976||"You Make Me Feel Like Dancing"||UK Singles Chart||2|
|U.S. Pop Singles||1|
|U.S. Black Singles||43|
|1977||"When I Need You"||UK Singles Chart||1|
|U.S. Pop Singles||1|
|U.S. Adult Contemporary||1|
|U.S. Black Singles||94|
|"How Much Love"||UK Singles Chart||10|
|U.S. Pop Singles||17|
|Canadian RPM Top Singles||4|
|Canadian RPM Adult Contemporary||8|
- Roberts, David (2001). British Hit Singles (14th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 46. ISBN 0-85156-156-X.
- Joe Viglione. "Endless Flight - Leo Sayer | Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved 2014-07-14.
- Christgau, Robert (1981). "Consumer Guide '70s: S". Christgau's Record Guide: Rock Albums of the Seventies. Ticknor & Fields. ISBN 089919026X. Retrieved March 12, 2019 – via robertchristgau.com.
- Template:Cite webcam
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 483. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.