Empire Award for Best Female Newcomer
The Empire Award for Best Female Newcomer is an Empire Award presented annually by the British film magazine Empire to honour an actress who has delivered a breakthrough performance while working within the film industry. The Empire Award for Best Female Newcomer is one of two ongoing awards which were first introduced at the 17th Empire Awards ceremony in 2012 (along with Best Male Newcomer) with Felicity Jones receiving the award for her role in Like Crazy. Dafne Keen is the most recent winner in this category for her role in Logan. Winners are voted by the readers of Empire magazine.
|Empire Award for Best Female Newcomer|
|Awarded for||Best breakthrough performance by an actress|
|Presented by||Empire magazine|
|Currently held by||Dafne Keen – Logan (2018)|
Winners and nomineesEdit
In the list below, winners are listed first in boldface, followed by the other nominees. The number of the ceremony (1st, 2nd, etc.) appears in parentheses after the awards year, linked to the article (if any) on that ceremony.
- O'Hara, Helen (26 March 2012). "Jameson Empire Award Nominations 2012. The nominees are here!". Empire. Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- "Best Female Newcomer". Empire. 2012. Retrieved 18 August 2014.
- "Best Female Newcomer". Empire. 2013. Retrieved 18 August 2004.
- "Best Female Newcomer". Empire. 2014. Retrieved 18 August 2014.
- "Best Female Newcomer". Empire. 2015. Retrieved 1 April 2015.
- Barraclough, Leo (30 March 2015). "'Interstellar' wins Film, Director at Empire Awards". Variety. Penske Business Media. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- Jameson Empire Awards 2016: Star Wars and Mad Max lead the nominations
- Empireonline.com. Three Empire Awards 2017: Rogue One, Tom Hiddleston And Patrick Stewart Win Big
- Empireonline.com. Star Wars The Last Jedi and Thor Ragnarok Lead Empire Awards 2018 Nominations