Emiliano Veliaj (born 9 February 1985) is an Albanian footballer who plays as a midfielder for Luzi 2008 in the Albanian Second Division. He was a member of the Albanian national Team between 2010 and 2012, earning 2 full caps.
|Full name||Emiliano Velaj|
|Date of birth||9 February 1985|
|Place of birth||Berat, Albania|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 14:00, 6 May 2019 (UTC)|
On 1 July 2016, Veliaj agreed personal terms and signed a one-year contract with newly promoted Albanian Superliga side Korabi Peshkopi for an undisclosed fee. In a press conference later that month, Veliaj stated that Korabi made the best offer for him, despite interest from several other Albanian clubs. He made his debut for the club on 7 September in the opening league match of 2016–17 season against his former team Laçi, playing full-90 minutes in a goalless draw. He also played in the two-legged match against Kamza in the first round of Albanian Cup, as Korabi was eliminated with the aggregate 3–1. During the first part of the season, Veliaj made 13 league appearances, in addition 2 in cup, failing to score in the process, as Korabi struggled for results, finishing it in the penultimate spot.
On 26 January 2017, Veliaj returned to his boyhood club Tomori Berat for the first time in 12 years. He was immediately placed in the starting lineup, making his return debut on 3 February in the matchday 14 against Pogradeci. During the second part of 2016–17 season, Veliaj played 10 matches without scoring and left the team following the end of the season.
Korabi Peshkopi returnEdit
Veliaj made his senior debut on 2 June 2010 by appearing in the last minutes of the friendly against Andorra, which ended in a 1–0 home win for Albania. After two years, he was called up again by the new coach Gianni De Biasi for the friendlies against Qatar and Iran in May 2012. He made another senior appearance, this time against Iran at the İnönü Stadium, Istanbul, Turkey, entering in the last moments in a 1–0 win.
- Besa Kavajë
- "Albania - E. Veliaj - Profile with news, career statistics and history". Soccerway. Retrieved 26 January 2017.
- "Korabi nuk ndalet në merkato" [Korabi unstoppable in mercato] (in Albanian). Minuta90. 21 July 2016. Retrieved 9 August 2016.
- Abdulla Dushku (23 July 2016). "Një brazilian nis provën, Veliaj: Ja pse zgjodha Korabin" [A brazilian starts the trial, Veliaj: Why a choose Korabi] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. Retrieved 26 January 2017.
- "Korabi Peshkopi vs. Laçi 0 – 0". Soccerway. 7 September 2016. Retrieved 26 January 2017.
- "Korabi eliminohet nga Kupa e Shqipërisë, ish-trajneri i Partizanit shfaqet në skenë" [Korabi out of Albanian Cup, ex-coach of Partizani appears in scene] (in Albanian). Newsport.al. 6 October 2016. Retrieved 26 January 2017.
- "Zyrtare: Veliaj rikthehet në shtëpi pas 12 vitesh" [Official: Veliaj returns home after 12 years] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. 26 January 2017. Retrieved 26 January 2017.
- "Tomori Berat vs. Pogradeci 0 – 1". Soccerway. 3 February 2017. Retrieved 3 February 2017.
- "Rikthehet Emiljano Veliaj" [Emiljano Veliaj returns] (in Albanian). Sportal.al. 30 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "Shqipëria mposht Andorrën" [Albania defeats Andorra] (in Albanian). Telegrafi.com. 2 June 2010. Retrieved 26 January 2017.
- "De Biasi publikon listën për 2 miqësoret" [De Biasi publish the list for 2 friendlies] (in Albanian). aSport.al. 17 May 2012. Archived from the original on 13 May 2016. Retrieved 17 May 2012.
- "Albania vs. Iran 1 – 0". Soccerway. 27 May 2012. Retrieved 27 May 2012.
|This biographical article related to association football in Albania, about a midfielder, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|