Emilio José Viqueira
|Full name||Emilio José Viqueira Moure|
|Date of birth||20 September 1974|
|Place of birth||Compostela, Spain|
|Height||1.82 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Deportivo La Coruña|
|1995–1998||Deportivo La Coruña||26||(0)|
|1997–1998||→ Campomaiorense (loan)||18||(3)|
|2008||→ Xerez (loan)||20||(3)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
During six seasons, Viqueira amassed La Liga totals of 108 games and five goals.
A skilled playmaker, Viqueira was born in Santiago de Compostela, Galicia, and he made his professional debut with local Deportivo de La Coruña, appearing in 26 matches through two seasons (19 in 1995–96, as they finished ninth). After an abroad stint with lowly Portuguese Primeira Liga club S.C. Campomaiorense he returned to A Coruña, playing another year with the reserves.
After two seasons with Xerez CD, gaining promotion to the second division in 2001, Viqueira switched to neighbours Recreativo de Huelva, where he would experience his most steady and fruitful period. After 32 La Liga games in the 2002–03 campaign, with relegation, he added a further 40 three years later – with three goals – as his team returned to the top level.
Viqueira joined Levante UD in July 2007 but, as many other players, would leave the club in the following January transfer window due to the Valencians' severe financial crisis, joining old acquaintance Xerez on loan until the rest of the division two season. The move was made permanent subsequently.
Viqueira was greatly hampered by injuries in 2009–10, Xerez's first ever campaign in the top flight, appearing in only 17 matches and completing just two. After the Andalusians were immediately relegated back the player, aged almost 36, decided to retire, being appointed his last club's director of football shortly after; in June 2012, he stepped down from his post.
- "Gerard cambia Mónaco por el Recreativo" [Gerard changes Monaco for Recreativo] (in Spanish). 20 minutos. 30 August 2007. Retrieved 28 May 2019.
- "El Levante libera a Savio, Storari, Viqueira y Bruno si perdonan lo que les adeudan" [Levante free Savio, Storari, Viqueira and Bruno if they forgive debt] (in Spanish). El Mundo. 8 January 2008. Retrieved 4 December 2013.
- Viqueira jugará cedido en el Xerez hasta final de temporada (Viqueira loaned to Xerez until end of the season); La Voz de Galicia, 27 January 2008 (in Spanish)
- Viqueira viaja a Burkina Faso para ojear futuras promesas (Viqueira travels to Burkina Faso to eye future prospects); Marca, 9 November 2010 (in Spanish)
- Emilio Viqueira dice adiós al Xerez (Emilio Viqueira says goodbye to Xerez); Huelva Información, 29 June 2012 (in Spanish)
- Emilio Viqueira, nuevo director deportivo del Nàstic (Emilio Viqueira, new Nàstic sporting director); Reporteros Jerez, 28 May 2013 (in Spanish)
- Emotivo adiós a Emilio Viqueira (Emotional farewell to Emilio Viqueira); Marca, 17 May 2018 (in Spanish)
- Conoce a...Emilio Viqueira (Getting to know...Emilio Viqueira); CD Lugo, 13 June 2018 (in Spanish)
- El Club Deportivo Lugo ha decidido rescindir los contratos de Emilio Viqueira y José Luis Deus (Club Deportivo Lugo has decided to terminate Emilio Viqueira and José Luis Deus' contracts); CD Lugo, 5 February 2019 (in Spanish)