|Died||22 December 2012 (aged 74)|
Life and careerEdit
Born in Leporano, in the province of Taranto, Greco moved in Turin as a child. In 1964 he graduated at the Centro Sperimentale di Cinematografia, then, two years later, he started an activity as documentarist for RAI TV. In 1971 he attended Roberto Rossellini accompanying him in Chile for a filmed interview with Salvador Allende. In 1974 Greco made his directorial debut in a feature film with Morel's Invention that, well-received from critics, marked him as a real promise in Italian art cinema. His second film, Ehrengard, filmed in 1982, would be released just in 2002 due to the bankruptcy of the producers; from then he directed six more films, mainly literary works adaptations. In 1991 he was awarded with a Nastro d'Argento award for best screenplay for the film Una storia semplice.
- Morel's Invention (Italian: L'invenzione di Morel, 1974)
- Ehrengard (1982)
- Un caso d'incoscienza (1984, TV film)
- L'arte e la società (1988, documentary)
- Una storia semplice (1991)
- Milonga (1999)
- The Council of Egypt (Italian: Il consiglio d'Egitto,2003)
- L'uomo privato (2007)
- Notizie dagli scavi (2011)
- "Morto Emidio Greco il regista con passione". La Repubblica. 23 December 2012. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- "E' morto il regista Emidio Greco Aveva 74 anni". Quotidiano.net. 23 December 2012. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- Enrico Lancia. I premi del cinema. Gremese Editore, 1998. ISBN 88-7742-221-1.
- Franco Cordelli (23 December 2012). "Addio al regista Emidio Greco Fu un intellettuale del cinema". Corriere della Sera. Retrieved 23 December 2012.