Embassy of Guyana, Washington, D.C.
The Embassy of the Co-operative Republic of Guyana to the United States of America is located at 2490 Tracy Place, NW, Washington, DC. The Permanent Mission of Guyana to the Organization of American States (OAS) is also located there. The Embassy of Guyana was established in 1966, and the Permanent Mission in 1991.
|Embassy of Guyana, Washington, D.C.|
|Address||2490 Tracy Place, N.W.|
|Ambassador||Dr. Riyad Insanally, CCH|
His Excellency Dr. Riyad Insanally, CCH currently serves as Guyana's eighth Ambassador to the US and fourth Permanent Representative to the OAS. He sees his mission as working to enhance Guyana's bilateral relations with the United States and raising Guyana's profile as a responsible member of the hemispheric community, as well as helping to build bridges across the Guyanese-American Diaspora and between the Diaspora and Guyana. In executing and promoting the foreign policy objectives of the Government of Guyana, the Embassy seeks to:
- Uphold Guyana's sovereignty and territorial integrity;
- Strengthen political and economic relations with the United States and other nations represented in Washington, DC and at the OAS;
- Promote and facilitate investment, trade, business and tourism opportunities for Guyana; and
- Attend to the consular needs of Guyanese residents in the US, as well as supporting Guyanese nationals wishing to remigrate.
- "Ambassador Riyad Insanally Accredited to the United States of America". Ministry of FOREIGN AFFAIRS. Retrieved 4 September 2020.