Emad Abdul-Ghani Sabouni
عماد عبد الغني الصابوني
|Minister of Communications and Technology|
8 December 2007 – 27 August 2014
|Prime Minister||Mohammad Najji Outri|
Riyad Farid Hijab
Omar Ibrahim Ghalawanji
Wael Nader al-Halqi
|Preceded by||Amr Nazir Salem|
|Succeeded by||Mohammed Ghazi Al-Jalali|
|Born||1964 (age 57–58)|
|Political party||Syrian Regional Branch of the Arab Socialist Ba'ath Party|
|Alma mater||National Polytechnic Institute of Grenoble (Ph.D.),|
Engineering from Ecole Nationale Superieure des Télécommunications Bretagne (Télécom Bretagne)
Early life, education and careerEdit
Sabouni was born in Damascus in 1964. He earned a Ph.D. degree from National Polytechnic Institute of Grenoble, France. He also earned a degree in Engineering from Ecole Nationale Superieure des Télécommunications (Télécom Bretagne) in Brest, France.
- Director General of the Syrian Telecommunications Establishment, 2003–2006.
- Chairman of the Syrian Computer Society.
- Advisor to Minister of Communications and Technology.
- Participated in composing the dictionary of Computer Terms published by the Syrian Computer Society.
- Member of the Syrian Secretariat of the Technical Committee on Using the Arabic Language in Information Technology.
- Participated in work teams at the Arab League, the International Telecommunication Union and the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (UN-ESCWA).
Sabouni is married and has two daughters.
- Ministry of Communications and Technology official government website