H. J. Heinz Company's sauce factory for the European market is located south of the town centre.
Elstar is an apple cultivar that was developed in Elst in the 1950s.
Elst is home to three high schools: Het Westeraam, Lyceum and Over Betuwe College Elst (OBC Elst).
There are several sports clubs in Elst, including:
People born in ElstEdit
- Frits Kuipers (1899–1943), footballer
- Pierre Kartner (born 1935), singer and composer
- Paul Kuypers (1939–1971), agricultural scientist
- Jeffrey Leiwakabessy (born 1981), footballer
- Henk "Henkie" Leeuwis (born 1946), singer
- Peter J. Williamson (born 1823), architect (Vanderbilt University), American Civil War adjutant to General William T. Sherman
- Jan Zwartkruis (1925-2013), footballer
- J. Kuyper, Gemeente Atlas van Nederland, 1865-1870, "Elst". Map of the former municipality, around 1868.
|This Gelderland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|