Elsie Roy Elementary School
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (July 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Elsie Roy Elementary is a public elementary school in Vancouver, and part of School District 39 Vancouver. It is located along the waterfront of Yaletown and is the first new elementary school to be opened in an inner-city Vancouver neighbourhood since 1975.
|Elsie Roy Elementary|
150 Drake St
|School type||Public, Elementary school|
|School board||School District 39 Vancouver|
|Enrollment||360 (September 2007)|
It is a member of the "Downtown Family of Schools" with King George Secondary School, Lord Roberts Elementary School, Lord Roberts Annex. Elsie Roy is also part of the Middle Years Baccalaureate with King George Secondary and Lord Roberts Elementary.
Over the past few years, Elsie Roy has invested in various educational technology for its staff, teachers and students. In 2010, with the launch of the Elsie Roy iPad Project, the school has built an environment including corner-to-corner Wi-Fi, smartboards in every classroom and library, netbooks, iPods, iPads, Microsoft Surfaces and cloud based education software including Moodle and other sites. The iPad Project has resulted in the creation of the Elsie Roy Tech Program where students learn the environment and provide in class support to their teachers and staff.
- "For School Data, Source: BC Schools Book Archived July 12, 2006, at the Wayback Machine". Province of British Columbia, Ministry of Education January 16, 2006.
- Ready Reference March 2008[permanent dead link]
- Linda Baker (December 25, 2005). "Spurring Urban Growth in Vancouver, One Family at a Time". The New York Times. Retrieved September 9, 2007. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Trustee blames province for Vancouver school crowding". CBC News. January 18, 2008.
- Noel Herron (March 26, 2013). "Disgraceful overcrowding in Vancouver's downtown". Vanopolis. Archived from the original on 2013-05-30. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Vancouver schools overcrowded". The Globe and Mail. March 6, 2013.