Elizabeth Woodville School
|Elizabeth Woodville School|
|Established||2011 by the merger of Roade School (1956) and Kingsbrook School (1958)|
|Department for Education URN||139100 Tables|
|Age||11 to 19|
The Elizabeth Woodville School, Northamptonshire, was formed by the merger of Roade Sports College and Kingsbrook Specialist Business and Enterprise College (or Kingsbrook College) in 2011. The school is a secondary school with academy status (part of the Learning Schools Trust), with locations in the villages of Deanshanger, and Stratford Road, Roade, both in South Northamptonshire. The merged school was renamed Elizabeth Woodville School. Woodville was born in Grafton Regis, which is halfway between the two sites, and was Queen consort of King Edward IV.
The former Kingsbrook school was given specialist status in 2006, following a grant from the Specialist Schools and Academies Trust (SSAT). In June 2009 an Ofsted inspection judged the school to be "satisfactory".
In 2007 the school were runners-up in SSATs Student Voice competition, and in March 2008, Kingsbrook held its first Student Voice Conference, and the first of the type held in the county. Schools from the local area such as Campion, Guilsborough and Road College, as well as those outside the area (i.e. Henley), attended the event and listened into the ways in which the idea of Student Voice can be and has been developed within the school.
- David Capel, English Cricketer
- Clare Nasir (1983–1988), meteorologist and GMTV presenter.
- Max Rafferty (1995–2000), musician, The Kooks, attended Kingsbrook up to Y11.
- Derek Redmond, British Athlete, Olympian (Barcelona 1992), attended Roade Sports College, where a multi-use sports hall is named after him.
Like Kingsbrook College, Roade School was also a Sports College in Northamptonshire with about 1,150 pupils.
The catchment area extended to Grange Park, Collingtree, Hackleton, Hardingstone, Blisworth, Stoke Bruerne and several other villages in the area. The school opened in 1956 as Roade Secondary Modern School changing to a Comprehensive School in 1975.
Merger with RoadeEdit
- "Head's Welcome". Elizabeth Woodville School. 5 September 2018.
- Elizabeth Woodville Primary School, Leicestershire
- Elizabeth Woodville Secondary School Archived 26 December 2013 at the Wayback Machine in Northamptonshire.
- "Inspection Report" (PDF). Ofsted. 18 June 2009. Retrieved 14 September 2009.
- "Student voice 2007 winners announced". Specialist Schools and Academies Trust. 2007. Retrieved 3 July 2008.
- "Luffield Group Home". Retrieved 9 July 2008.
- "National Monuments Record – Monument No. 342874 , Investigation History". English Heritage. Retrieved 9 July 2008.
- "School report" (PDF). ofsted. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
- "Kingsbrook College" (PDF). FIFA. Retrieved 9 July 2008.
- "Profile – David Capel –". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 24 May 2013.
- Elizabeth Woodville School at the northamptonshire County Council website
- A History of Roade, from Volume V of "A History of Northamptonshire" at British History Online
- "Roade and Kingsbrook Partnership FAQ Sheet –". Kingsbrook Business and Enterprise College. Retrieved 17 March 2011.
- Northampton Chronicle & Echo, 13 June 2011