Life and careerEdit
Bower was born in Leeds, West Yorkshire. Educated in Solihull, Bower attended Langley School, before undertaking A Levels in Theatre Studies, Geography and Biology at The Sixth Form College. After graduating from the University of Warwick with a BA hons in Theatre Studies and Performing Arts, Bower gained her post graduate diploma in Acting and Musical Theatre from the Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts.
After an initial period solely on stage, Bower took a supporting cast role in The Ralf Little Show in 2002 and occasional turns presenting Five kids slot Milkshake! Probably best known, until recently, for starring in commercials for the UK celebrity magazine Heat, in 2005 Bower starred in Channel 4's comedy sketch show Spoons, and then took a guest lead role in British crime drama Silent Witness as DCI Helen Radley.
|“||Citation: The award reflects Elizabeth Bower's outstanding performances in the core cast of Spoons for Channel 4, as Miss Widget in The New Worst Witch for Granada, as Detective Chief Inspector Helen Radley in Silent Witness, and in The Flat for the BBC. It also reflects her gifted theatre acting including NewsRevue in London and Edinburgh and the relationship drama Playing.||”|
In 2011, she started to appear on the Sun Bingo adverts as the character 'Bubbles'.
From 2015, she has appeared in 'Moonpig' adverts on ITV
From 2016, she has appeared in 'GTech' adverts on multi TV channels.
- UK screen - Elizabeth Bower : Actress, Presenter, Voice Over Archived 26 June 2008 at the Wayback Machine
- "Doctors Role for Former College Star". Sixth Form College, Solihull. Retrieved 8 January 2008.[permanent dead link]
- "Doctors Star Opens New College Facility". Sixth Form College, Solihull. Retrieved 8 January 2008.[permanent dead link]
- "Elizabeth Bower". ukscreen.com. Archived from the original on 26 June 2008. Retrieved 8 January 2008.
- Elizabeth Bower
- "Awards - 2006". Fringe Report. Retrieved 8 January 2008.