This article needs editing for compliance with Wikipedia's Manual of Style. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Elisha Kriis aka Elisha Patel is a film actress of Indian origin. She made her Hindi film debut with Wake Up India. She started her career as the host for India's first international travel channel, Travelxp. Her shows have been filmed and televised in multiple countries across Europe, Middle East and Southeast Asia in Hindi, English and Arabic languages. She has also appeared in the Hindi action movie Zanjeer, Telugu movie Toofan and NDTV Goodtimes adventure sports documentary titled Kingfisher Blue Mile. In the USA she has starred in five independent feature films, BorderCross 2018, starring Lorenzo Lamas and Danny Trejo, based on the subject of Human Trafficking, Body of Sin 2018 a drama thriller where she portrays the character of Erica Tate, an unapologetic con artist, Ink and Rain, a US China collaboration where she plays a Cyborg fight handler in a comic fantasy fight arena. She has appeared in supporting roles in the movies like The Recall 2017 starring Wesley Snipes and in the trading card comedy feature titled Tournament 2018 starring Ricardo Chavira.
|Alma mater||The Maharaja Sayajirao University|
|Occupation||Actress, Travel Television Host|
|Height||167.64 cm (5 ft 6 in)|
Early life and backgroundEdit
Kriis was born and raised in Gujarat, India. Her mother, Bhagwati Patel, and father, Jahangir Patel, served as former judges for the State of Gujarat. Her first theater performance was in the fourth grade and later that year the drama was chosen to be aired by DD1, one of India's largest broadcasting networks. Growing up she had a huge passion for exploring different places and cultures which made an impact on her life from an early age. She eventually pursued her Bachelor of Business Administration degree at The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara, where she won a handful of fashion and beauty contests sponsored by well known brands such as MTV, Cavin Kare, Westside and Pantaloons. While in college she also worked as a host for several corporate award shows and women empowerment workshops. She graduated with a bachelor's degree from MSU and then eventually moved to Mumbai to pursue her career in the entertainment industry.
Kriis graduated with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from Maharajha Sayajirao University of Vadodara. Her graduation was followed by a studio training program in Mumbai. In June 2014 Kriis was invited as a speaker by College of the Canyons, California, to address the Beyond Barriers women empowerment conference. Her lecture at the conference referenced the power of education and empowering others to empower yourself.
TV and film careerEdit
She started her career as a hostess for India’s first international travel channel Travelxp. Her shows went on air on February 2011; more than one hundred episodes have been released in a period of four years. Her show Xp-Guide has topped the charts of Television Audience Measurement (TAM) ratings which is a weekly report card for television channels across India. These shows were shot in more than thirty major cities around Europe, Middle East, Southeast Asia and India, and have been translated in multiple languages. In Travelxp, Elisha explores exotic destinations around the world and has five TV shows that feature her throughout several episodes. Shows titled XP Guide,Xplore, Best from the Rest, Divine Destinations and Hills Valleys.
The episodes of Travelxp are accessible across various multi-media platforms such as DTH systems, in-flight screens, TV networks and IPTV networks. These programs can be viewed across the Indian subcontinent, and in numerous other countries worldwide.
She made her Hindi film debut with Wake Up India. In this film she plays the role of a fearless reporter that strives to expose the truth behind an alleged rape scandal involving the Chief Minister of the State. In 2013, she has appeared in the Hindi action movie Zanjeer, and the Telugu movie Toofan, also starring Priyanka Chopra, Sanjay Dutt and Ram Charan.
In 2014 Kriis started her own production company by the name of Tigress Pictures in Hollywood, Los Angeles. The company plans to focus on making inspirational films. Her first home production will be Barefoot Warriors, an original story and concept by Elisha Kriis, it is a feature film weaved around the passion and history of soccer (football) in India. In 2017 she appeared in a feature film titled BorderCross, based on the subject of Human Trafficking., In 2018 she was seen in a starring role in the independent feature film Body of Sin, a crime thriller where she portrays the character of Erica Tate, an unapologetic con artist who uses seduction to steal from straying men  and Ink and Rain where she plays a Cyborg fight handler in a comic fantasy fight arena.
- Travelxp T.V shows 2013-2014 as Host
- Wake Up India 2013 as Supriya
- Zanjeer 2013 as Shital
- Toofan 2013 as Shital
- NDTV Good Times show Kingfisher BlueMile 2014 as Herself
- The Better Half 2015 as Executive Producer
- Hansel vs Gretel 2015 as Circe
- BorderCross 2016 as Tara
- Tournament 2016 as Jasmine
- The Recall 2017 as Eva Kapur
- Gudiya 2017 as Pooja Chopra
- Ink and Rain 2018 as Lex
- Body of Sin 2018 as Erica Tate
- Barefoot Warriors as Anjani 2019 (original concept, story, and executive producer)
- Awake Alone as Trisha 2019 (original concept, story, and producer)
- Share on Twitter (8 October 2012). "TV isn't my cup of tea, says Elisha - Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 26 June 2017.
- "Knowing Elisha Kriis more closely – An Exclusive Interview". Womenpla.net. 20 June 2014. Retrieved 26 June 2017.
- "Exotic Fashion - Spring/Summer" (PDF). Retrieved 26 June 2017.
-  Archived 4 March 2016 at the Wayback Machine
- Share on Twitter. "Vadodara has contributed immensely in my journey: Elisha Kriis - Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 26 June 2017.
- "Vadodara thi Los Angeles sudhi! - DNA - English News & Features - Cinema & Entertainment". dnasyndication.com. 26 September 2015. Retrieved 26 June 2017.
- "Beyond Barrier's Women's Conference - By Elisha Kriis". Womenpla.net. 20 June 2014. Retrieved 26 June 2017.
- "The Magazine of Santa Clarita June 2014 Page 143". Virtualonlineeditions.com. 24 May 2014. Retrieved 26 June 2017.
- "COC To Host Women's Conference Tuesday At Valencia Campus — Hometown Station | KHTS AM 1220". Hometownstation.com. Retrieved 26 June 2017.
- Adgully Bureau. "Adgully Exclusive | Everyone has the aspiration to travel and the urge to know more: Travelxp's Prashant Chothani". Adgully.com. Retrieved 26 June 2017.
- "travelxp HD launches new show Xplore Belgium". Bestmediainfo.com. 31 July 2012. Retrieved 26 June 2017.
- "06-05-2011 by P.Pana Suwannawut". issuu. 5 May 2011. Retrieved 26 June 2017.
- 2 years ago / 1050 Views. "An interview with Elisha, founder of "Tigress Picturess"". Smart Indian Women. Retrieved 26 June 2017.
- Das, Soumitra. "Vadodara girls rock the entertainment industry! | The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 26 June 2017.
- Share on Twitter (31 March 2014). "Elisha Kriis turns producer - Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 26 June 2017.
- Share on FacebookShare on Twitter. "Oscar award: I am getting trained for combat scenes: Elisha Kriis - Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 26 June 2017.
- "વડોદરાની યુવતી પહોંચી લોસ એંજેલસ: હોલિવુડમાં બનાવ્યો દબદબો". Divyabhaskar.co.in. 19 August 2015. Retrieved 26 June 2017.