Elisa Rosario Ruiz Penella (born 15 December 1934, in Granada), known as Elisa Montés, is a Spanish actress who took her pseudonym from the celebrated work of her grandfather, Manuel Penella, El gato montés.
Elisa Rosario Ruiz Penella
15 December 1934
Montés is the sister of actresses Emma Penella (1930–2007) and Terele Pávez (1939-2017), daughter of Magdalena Penella Silva and the law politician Ramón Ruiz Alonso, and granddaughter and great-granddaughter to composers Manuel Penella and Manuel Penella Raga. She was married to actor Antonio Ozores. The daughter of this marriage, Emma Ozores, has also dedicated herself to acting.
- Eleven Pairs of Boots (1954)
- Noi siamo le colonne (1956)
- The Battalion in the Shadows (1957)
- Faustina (1957)
- Gibraltar (1964)
- Django the Condemned (1965)
- Samson and His Mighty Challenge (1965)
- I due toreri (1965)
- Erik, the Viking (1965)
- Texas, Adios (1966)
- Return of the Seven (1966)
- Seven Dollars on the Red (1966)
- Maneater of Hydra (1967)
- The Cobra (1967)
- 99 Women (1969)
- The Girl from Rio (1969)
- Captain Apache (1971)
- Ambitious (1976)
- Valladolid Festival. Best actress for La vida en un bloc (1956).
- Prize of the Circle of Cinematographic Writers (1955). Best supporting actress for Últimas banderas.
- Prize of the National Syndicate of the Spectacle for Abiciosa (1975).
- Historia de una familia: la verdad sobre el asesinato de García Lorca. Escrito por Miguel Caballero Pérez, Pilar Góngora Ayala
- "Almería Western Film Festival concede el premio Asfaan a la actriz granadina Elisa Montés". Europa Press (in Spanish). September 12, 2017. Retrieved January 1, 2018.
- "Almería Western Film Festival concede premio Asfaan a la actriz Elisa Montés". La Vanguardia (in Spanish). September 12, 2017. Retrieved January 1, 2018.
- "La actriz granadina Elisa Montés recibe el Premio Asfaan en el marco del Almería Western Film Festival". Europa Press (in Spanish). October 12, 2017. Retrieved January 1, 2018.