Power Distribution Services Ghana formerly Electricity Company of Ghana is an electricity distribution company in Ghana. The company's operation covers about thirty percent of the total land mass of the country. Formerly as a public company, its operations were under the Ministry of Energy of Ghana. Together with Northern Electricity Distribution Company, they supply all of Ghana's electricity demands as well as some other West African countries. PDS took over ECG on 1 March 2019.
The company has initiated many periods of load shedding which have increased in recent times and gained traction in popular culture under the term dumsor.
- "PDS takes over ECG today after initial postponement". 27 February 2019.
- "Electricity Company Of Gh. (ECG)". www.ghanaweb.com. Archived from the original on 19 August 2014. Retrieved 26 August 2013.
- "ECG will make or break Ghana's power sector". www.ghanabusinessnews.com. Archived from the original on 20 August 2014. Retrieved 26 August 2013.
- "VRA/NEDCo board inaugurated". thechronicle.com.gh. Archived from the original on 20 August 2014. Retrieved 26 August 2013.
- myadmin (28 February 2019). "ECG take-over, PDS Ghana Limited to invest over $580m". Ghana Business News. Retrieved 11 January 2020.