Electoral districts of Western Australia
The Western Australian Legislative Assembly is elected from 59 single-member electoral districts. These districts are often referred to as electorates or seats.
The Electoral Distribution Act 1947 requires regular review of electoral boundaries, in order to keep the relative size of electorates within certain limits. Electoral boundaries are determined by the Western Australian Electoral Commission. Electoral districts are subdivisions of electoral regions for the Legislative Council and have approximately an equal number of electors. The last electoral redistribution was completed in November 2019; it will apply in the 2021 state election.
List of electoral districts by electoral regionEdit
- Agricultural electoral region
- East Metropolitan electoral region
- Mining and Pastoral electoral region
- North Metropolitan electoral region
- South Metropolitan electoral region
- South West electoral region
- 2019 Electoral Distribution
- "2019 Review of Western Australia's Electoral Boundaries - Final Boundaries" (PDF). Western Australian Electoral Commission. 27 November 2019. Retrieved 27 November 2019.