Electoral district of Goldfields South
Goldfields South was an electoral district of the Legislative Assembly in the Australian state of New South Wales from 1859 to 1880, including the goldfields within several southern electorates. Rolls were not kept for goldfields seats, voters being able to establish their right to vote by presenting either a mining licence or business licence in a proclaimed gold field that had been held for at least six months. Voters could also appear on the roll for general districts, but were prevented from voting in both their resident general district and the overlaying goldfields district.
Members for Goldfields SouthEdit
- "Part 5B alphabetical list of all electorates and Members since 1856" (PDF). NSW Parliamentary Record. Parliament of New South Wales. Retrieved 18 December 2019.
- "Former Members". Members of Parliament. Parliament of New South Wales. Retrieved 12 December 2019.
- Green, Antony. "Elections for the District of Goldfields South". New South Wales Election Results 1856-2007. Parliament of New South Wales. Retrieved 15 September 2020.
- Clune, David (2007). Green, Antony; Michael Hogan (eds.). The Electoral Atlas of New South Wales. New South Wales Department of Lands. ISBN 0-9752354-2-7.
- Green, Antony. "1877 Goldfields South". New South Wales Election Results 1856-2007. Parliament of New South Wales. Retrieved 25 April 2020.