Elecon Engineering Company Limited is an Indian multinational company headquartered in Anand, Gujarat. The company has its specialization in the manufacturing sector of industrial gear and material handling equipment. Elecon is one of the largest Asian manufacturers of industrial gears and material handling equipment for core major sector like power, steel, cement, sugar, paper, mining, rubber and many more. Elecon group has subsidiaries such as Eimco Elecon Ltd, Elecon Hydraulics, Elecon Information Technology Ltd (EITL) and Tech Elecon Pvt. Ltd. (TEPL).
|BSE: 505700 |
|Founder||Ishwarbhai B. Patel|
|Prayasvin B. Patel |
(chairman & MD)
|Products||Industrial gears |
Material handling equipment
|Revenue|| ₹ 807.15 Crore |
(US$115.3 million) (2021)
| ₹ 36.26 Crore |
(US$5.1 million) (2021)
Elecon Engineering was established in 1951 in Goregaon, Mumbai by Ishwarbhai B. Patel. The company's early focus was on engineering, procurement and construction projects in India and initially manufactured custom manufacturing conveyor systems. The company was then registered as a Private Limited company on 11 January 1960.
In 1976, the company established its Gear Division, specialising in power transmission equipment and industrial gears. It designs and manufactures worm drives, helical gears, planetary gears, couplings, loose gears, Custom built gearboxs and spiral bevel gears. Its products target a range of industries, including steel rolling mills, wind turbines, marine applications and space applications.
In 1995, Elecon established its Alternate Energy Division, for the design and manufacture of wind turbines.
In 2012, Elecon Engineering secured two prestigious orders from the NTPC and Tecpro Systems.
Acquisitions and subsidiariesEdit
- Radicon Transmission UK Limited
- Elecon Singapore pte.Limited
- Elecon Middle East FZE
- Benzler System AB -Sweden
- AB Banzlers -Sweden
- Radicon Drive System Inc. - US
- Banzlers Transmission A.S. - Denmark
- Benzlers Antriebstechnik G.m.b.h.
- Banzlers TBA B.V. -Netherlands
- OY banzlers AB-Finland
The Group of Companies
- Emtici Engineering
- Power Build Private Limited
- Vijay M. Mistry Construction Pvt. Ltd
- Modsonic Instruments Mfg. Co. (P) Ltd.
- Eimco Elecon (India) Ltd.
- "About Us". Elecon Engineering Company Limited. Archived from the original on 11 November 2011. Retrieved 30 December 2011.
- "Elecon set to acquire Benzlers Radicon Group from David Brown Gear Systems". Machinist.in. 29 October 2010. Retrieved 30 December 2011.
- "Radicon Joins Asian Market-Leader in Industrial Transmissions". Radicon. November 2010. Archived from the original on 28 October 2011. Retrieved 30 December 2011.
- "Elecon Engineering Group acquires UK based Benzlers-Radicon Group". Elecon Engineering Company Ltd. 28 October 2010. Archived from the original on 22 February 2012. Retrieved 30 December 2011.
- "Elecon Group Companies | Elecon". elecon.com. Retrieved 17 August 2021.