Eldorado (2012 film)
Eldorado is a British horror-comedy film written and directed by Richard Driscoll and stars Daryl Hannah, David Carradine, and Michael Madsen. It also stars Brigitte Nielsen, Kerry Washington, Jeff Fahey, Steve Guttenberg, Bill Moseley and Peter O'Toole. The film has been described as a horror/comedy/musical road movie. The film was also released under the title Highway to Hell.
|Directed by||Richard Driscoll|
|Written by||Richard Driscoll|
|Produced by||Keith Howell|
|Narrated by||Peter O'Toole|
|Edited by||Robert James|
|Music by||Buster Bloodvessel|
|Distributed by||Sole Worldwide Rights Breakdown Films Ltd|
|Budget||$3.85 million|
- Daryl Hannah as The Stranger
- David Carradine as The Spirit Guide
- Darren Morgan as Stanley "Stan" Rosenblum
- Richard Driscoll as Oliver "Ollie" Rosenblum
- Peter O'Toole as Narrator
- Jeff Fahey as Doc Martin
- Michael Madsen as Ted
- Patrick Bergin as Roy
- Brigitte Nielsen as Angel
- Steve Guttenberg as JJ
- Kerry Washington as Tamara
- Rik Mayall as Chef Mario
- Sylvester McCoy as General Zwick
- Caroline Munro as Lilly
- Robin Askwith as Mick
- Tyrese Gibson as David
- Bill Moseley as Lemma
- Robert Llewellyn as Meat
- Buster Bloodvessel as The Sheriff
On 5 June 2013 it was reported in the British media that the director had funded the film by filing false VAT tax returns to the British government. Driscoll was alleged to have falsely claimed the movie's budget to be $15 million, the figure was actually only $1.5 million, boosted by a further $2.35 million defrauded from HMRC. He was convicted at Southwark Crown Court, and sentenced to three years imprisonment.
- Turek, Ryan (30 September 2009). "House of Fear Preps 3-D Wolfman, Eldorado". Shock Till You Drop. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- "British Filmmaker Found Guilty Of Tax Fraud Involving 3D Horror Comedy 'Eldorado'". 6 June 2013. Retrieved 27 June 2020.
- Creepy, Uncle (14 June 2010). "Casting News: Horror Comedy Eldorado 3D | Horror Movie, DVD, & Book Reviews, News, Interviews at Dread Central". Dreadcentral.com. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- "Eworldwire Mobile Version". E4mobile.com. 11 June 2010. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- Dixon, Hayley (5 June 2013). "Hollywood legends starred in movie funded with VAT fraud". The Daily Telegraph. London.
- "British Filmmaker Found Guilty of $2.3 Million Tax Fraud". The Hollywood Reporter.
- "Film producer Richard Driscoll jailed for three years for VAT fraud". BBC News. 1 July 2013.