El hijo del Cacique is a Colombian telenovela that premiered on Venezuelan broadcast channel Televen on 15 October 2019, and concluded on 11 February 2020. The telenovela is based on the life of the late Colombian singer Martín Elías, son of Diomedes Díaz. It stars Milciades Cantillo as the titular character.
|El hijo del Cacique|
|Country of origin||Colombia|
|No. of episodes||80|
|Executive producer||Manuel Peñaloza|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|Audio format||Stereophonic sound|
|Original release||15 October 2019 –|
11 February 2020
- Milciades Cantillo as Martín Elías
- Rafael Santos Díaz as himself
- Francesco Chedraui as Diomedes Díaz
- Lillyana Guihurt as Patricia Acosta
- Rafael Acosta as Luis Ángel Díaz
- Óscar Díaz as Diomedes de Jesús
- Eibar Gutiérrez as Elver Díaz
- Margoth Velásquez as Elvira Maestre "Mamá Vila"
- Carlos Andrés Villa as Romualdo (character inspired on Rolando Ochoa)
- Vivian Ossa as Tata (character inspired on Caya Varón)
- Valerie Domínguez as Chavita
- Jhon Mindiola as Silvestre Dangond
Background and legal problemsEdit
The telenovela was initially be titled Martín Elías, el inmortal, but because the name and image of the singer belong to his two former ex-wives, and because the telenovela is not based solely on Martín's life, since a large part would star Rafael Santos, the brother of the singer, the title was modified to El hijo del Cacique. The telenovela story is based on the stories of the singer's brothers and mother and will take place in Valledupar and Bogotá.
- "Conoce a 15 actores que estarán en la novela de Martín Elías". costanotas.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 28 July 2019.
- "Telenovela sobre vida de Martín Elías la transmitirá Televen". panorama.com.ve (in Spanish). Retrieved 14 October 2019.
- "Estrenos y Finales: Del lunes, 10 febrero 2020 al domingo, 16 febrero 2020". produ.com (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 16 February 2020. Retrieved 16 February 2020.
- "Conoce las razones Por qué la novela de Martín Elías se va a llamar El Hijo del Cacique". elrinconvallenato.com (in Spanish). 15 May 2019. Retrieved 28 July 2019.
- "'El hijo del Cacique', la producción basada en la vida de Martín Elías". elpilon.com.co. 20 May 2019. Retrieved 28 July 2019.