El Loa Airport
El Loa Airport
|Owner||Dirección de Aeronautica Civil de Chile (DGAC)|
|Operator||Sociedad Concesionaria El Loa S.A|
|Elevation AMSL||7,631 ft / 2,326 m|
|Website||Website in DGAC|
The airport is 6 kilometres (3.7 mi) from the city centre. It currently accommodates aircraft with a maximum wingspan of 36 metres (118 ft) thus limited to narrow body airliners like the Airbus A320 or Boeing 737. There are plans to construct a second runway with capacity to accommodate wide body jets and military aircraft.
A new passenger terminal was inaugurated in 2014. With a total area of 8,100 square metres (87,000 sq ft), it includes three air bridges, an expanded apron and twelve commercial locations. In addition, there was extensive landscaping around the terminal and a new 500 space car park was built. The terminal has a few stores: duty-free shop, Air Britt and Pacific Club VIP lounge.
Airlines and DestinationsEdit
|JetSmart||Concepción, La Serena, Santiago de Chile|
|LATAM Chile||La Serena, Santiago de Chile|
|Sky Airline||Concepción, La Serena, Santiago de Chile|
The number of passengers has been: 2004: 247,821 2005: 273,275 2006: 315,725 2013: 1,441,566
- Airport record for Aeropuerto Internacional El Loa at Landings.com
- "Location of El Loa Airport". Google Maps. Google.com. Retrieved 10 February 2018.
- Airport information for El Loa Airport at Great Circle Mapper.
- Calama VOR
- Calama NDB
- Airport information for SCCF at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- Open Street Map - El Loa Airport
- Sky Vector - El Loa
- Current weather for El Loa Airport at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for El Loa Airport at Aviation Safety Network