El Hijo del Fantasma
Jorge Luis Alcantar Bolly (born April 30, 1984) is a Mexican second generation luchador (professional wrestler), best known by the ring name El Hijo del Fantasma ("The Son of the Phantom") for his time working for Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide, where he has held the former AAA Fusión Championship, AAA World Cruiserweight Championship and the AAA Latin American Champion as well as having won the Copa Antonio Peña in 2017. Prior to working for AAA he worked for Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre from 2008 to 2013. In CMLL he held the CMLL World Middleweight Championship as well as the CMLL World Trios Championship twice with Héctor Garza and La Máscara
|El Hijo del Fantasma|
Hijo del Fantasma in the ring, November 2017
|Birth name||Jorge Luis Alcantar Bolly|
|Born||April 30, 1984|
Mexico City, Mexico
|Professional wrestling career|
|Billed height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Billed weight||90 kg (198 lb)|
|Billed from||The Highlands of Guerrero, Mexico (as King Cuerno)|
Alcantar has also worked under the ring name King Cuerno for he the U.S. based Lucha Underground promotion from 2014 to 2019. Through AAA's promotional partnerships Alcantar has worked several shows for Impact Wrestling. His father is luchador El Fantasma who is the head of the Mexico City Boxing and Professional Wrestling commission. His cousin works under the name "Fantasma Jr.", while his uncle worked under the name "Ángel de la Muerte".
- 1 Professional wrestling career
- 2 Movies
- 3 Personal life
- 4 Championships and accomplishments
- 5 Luchas de Apuestas record
- 6 Footnotes
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Professional wrestling careerEdit
Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre (2008–2013)Edit
He was brought to Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre (CMLL) in 2008, after he left International Wrestling Revolution Group in 2004. During his CMLL time, he had won the CMLL World Trios Championship with Héctor Garza and La Mascara two times. On the first occasion, it was a tournament for the CMLL World Trios Title because the titles were vacated. Despite never having teamed previously, Héctor Garza led young tecnicos La Mascara and Hijo del Fantasma through the championship tournament, climaxing with an upset win over Blue Panther, Dos Caras, Jr., and Garza's then tag team championship partner Místico. It was a rare tecnico/tecnico final, seemingly setting up issues between Garza, Mistico and Garza's new role as a leader of a group of high flyers. On August 5, 2008, they lost their titles Último Guerrero, Negro Casas, and Atlantis. They certainly did have a rematch where Héctor Garza, La Mascara, and Hijo del Fantasma regain their title on January 18, 2009. On July 21, 2009, Hijo del Fantasma defeated Averno to win the CMLL World Middleweight Championship. After the match, Averno showed respect to Fantasma by congralutating him and celebrating the victory. On February 14, 2010 after only one successful title defense since July Hijo del Fantasma lost the Middleweight title to Negro Casas.
In March 2010 signs of dissention amongst the Trios champions began showing as Garza walked out on the team during a trios match mistakenly thinking that one of his teammates had attacked him. Following the walk out Garza kept insincerely insisting that he was still a tecnico and that his team was getting along great. Further doubts about Garza's allegiance arose when he teamed up with the Rúdo Pólvora to win the 2010 Gran Alternativa tournament. When Garza, La Máscara and Hijo del Fantasma were booked for a CMLL World Trios defense the following week Garza complained that his partners agreed to the match without asking him, but swore that he would still be professional about it. During the title defense on the May 7, 2010 Super Viernes Garza attacked both Hijo del Fantasma and La Máscara, allowing La Ola Amarilla (Hiroshi Tanahashi, Okumura and Taichi) to win the CMLL World Trios Championship, turning full blown rudo in the process. On October 28, 2012 Hijo del Fantasma unsuccessfully challenged Dragón Rojo, Jr. for the NWA World Historic Middleweight Championship, the highest profile match Hijo del Fantasma competed so far in 2012. El Hijo del Fantasma was teamed up with rudo El Felino for the 2013 Torneo Nacional de Parejas Increibles ("National Incredible Pairs Tournament"), a tag team tournament teaming rudos with technicos. The team lost to La Máscara and Averno in the first round despite Averno and La Máscara being long time rivals.
Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide (2013–2019)Edit
On October 18, 2013, El Hijo del Fantasma made a surprise jump to Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide (AAA), debuting at the Héroes Inmortales VII event as the newest member of El Consejo, a rudo stable made up of former CMLL wrestlers. In his debut, he made it to the finals of the Copa Antonio Peña, before losing to La Parka. On December 8 at Guerra de Titanes, Fantasma teamed with El Consejo stablemates Silver King and El Texano, Jr. to unsuccessfully challenge Los Psycho Circus (Monster Clown, Murder Clown and Psycho Clown) for the AAA World Trios Championship. On August 17, 2014, at Triplemanía XXII, El Hijo del Fantasma won a ten-way elimination match to unify the AAA Fusión and AAA Cruiserweight Championships, becoming the first AAA World Cruiserweight Champion. On September 20, 2015, Fantasma became the new leader of the La Sociedad stable. On March 19, 2017, El Hijo del Fantasma lost the World Cruiserweight Championship to Johnny Mundo.
On October 1, 2017 at Héroes Inmortales XI, Fantasma won the 2017 Copa Antonio Peña tournament, which meant he also won the vacant AAA Latin American Championship. He subsequently became involved in a long running storyline with Texano Jr., initially over the Latin America champions, with a steel cage match at Guerra de Titanes that El Hijo del Fantasma won by disqualification. After the match it was announced that the two would face off in a Luchas de Apuestas at the Rey de Reyes show. On March 4, 2018, at the Rey de Reyes show, El Hijo del Fantasma defeated Texano Jr., forcing Texano Jr. to have all his hair shaved off as a result.
In the weeks following Rey de Reyes AAA announced that El Hijo del Fantasma, Psycho Clown, L.A. Park and Pentagón Jr. would all risk their masks in a Poker de Aces ("Poker Aces") match at Triplemanía XXVI.In the build-up to Triplemanía, El Hijo del Fantasma turned rudo once more, forming a faction known as Los Mercenarios ("The Mercenaries") with Texano Jr., Rey Escorpión, and La Máscara.At Triplemania XXVI, held on August 26, 2018, L.A. Park defeated El Hijo del Fantasma in the Poker de Ases match. After his loss El Hijo del Fantasma was forced to unmask and reveal his real name, Jorge Luis Alcantar Bolly, to everyone watching. After Triplemania, El Hijo del Fantasma faced the challenge of Drago, who wanted the AAA Latin American Championship. On December 12, 2018, Drago defeated El Hijo del Fantasma to win the AAA Latin American Championship in one of the featured matches of Guerra de Titanes.
On March 20, 2019, Fantasma announced his departure from AAA.
Lucha Underground (2014–2019)Edit
In October 2014, Hijo del Fantasma began working for Lucha Underground under the ring name "King Cuerno" (Spanish for "King Antler" or "King Horn"), a "big game" hunter. Cuerno started a feud with Drago. On January 21, 2015, Cuerno defeated Drago in a Last Man Standing match. On February 4, 2015, Cuerno attacked Johnny Mundo, initiating a feud between them. The rivalry was apparently concluded on the March 11, 2015 episode when Mundo and Cuerno wrestled in a Steel Cage match, which was won by Mundo.
On November 14, 2015 Cuerno defeated Fénix to win the Gift of the Gods Championship. He lost the title back to Fénix in a ladder match on November 21. At Ultima Lucha Dos Cuerno was defeated by Mil Muertes in a Death Match.
He was not seen in season three of the series until the finale Ultima Lucha Tres, where he attacked Mil Muertes and stole the gauntlet that was contested for by Muertes, Jeremiah Crane and Cage. The storyline started at the end of Season 3 continued in season 4, with the two wrestling to a double disqualification on September 12, 2018. A week later the feud between King Cuerno and Mil Muertes distracted both wrestlers from their match, allowing Pentagón Dark to successfully defend the Lucha Underground Championship against the two. The rivalry between the two ended inconclusively in a match where Pentagón Dark defeated King Cuerno, Mil Muertes and El Dragon Azeca Jr. on September 26, 2018, which was the last time the two faced off in Lucha Underground. He was released on March 26, 2019.
Impact Wrestling (2017–2018)Edit
On July 2, 2017, El Hijo del Fantasma and Drago represented AAA at Impact Wrestling's Slammiversary XV show, the team lost to The Latin American Xchange (Ortiz and Santana), who successfully defended the Impact Wrestling World Tag Team Championship and GFW Tag Team Championship in a match that also included Laredo Kid & Garza Jr. and Naomichi Marufuji & Taiji Ishimori. at Bound for Glory, Team AAA (El Hijo del Fantasma, Pagano and Texano) lost to Team Impact (Ethan Carter III, Eddie Edwards and James Storm) in a Six-man tag team match.
On November 6, 2017 episode of Impact, Fantasma unsuccessfully challenged Eddie Edwards for the GHC Heavyweight Championship. at Redemption, Fantasma competed in a Six-way match which was won by Brian Cage.
El Hijo del Fantasma has appeared in the following movies:
Jorge Luis Alcantar Bolly was born on April 30, 1984 in Mexico City, Mexico. His father was professional wrestler, known as the enmascarado "El Fantasma". His uncle was also a professional wrestler, known as Ángel de la Muerte ("Angel of Death") and his cousin has worked as both Ángel de la Muerte Jr. and later as Fantasma Jr. In 2007 it was revealed that, at that time, Alcantar was a student at Universidad Anahuac, working on a degree in International Relations.
Lawsuit against Lucha UndergroundEdit
On February 6, 2019 it was reported that Alcantar had filed a lawsuit in California against the El Rey Network and the Baba-G production company behind Lucha Underground. The lawsuit claimed that the LU contract "Illegally restricted" wrestlers from working in their "lawful profession" by being restricted from working for other companies while under contract with LU, which only paid per match. Alcantar's lawyer also revealed that he had filed a class action lawsuit against LU over the contracts that he claims are not legal under California law. The class action lawsuit also included Ivelisse Vélez, Joey Ryan and Melissa Cervantes looking to invalidate their contracts.
Championships and accomplishmentsEdit
- Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide
- Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre
- Lucha Underground
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- Toryumon Mexico
Luchas de Apuestas recordEdit
|Winner (wager)||Loser (wager)||Location||Event||Date||Notes|
|Hijo del Fantasma and El Gallo (masks)||Máscara Mágica and Malefico (hair)||Guadalajara, Jalisco||CMLL Live event||September 28, 2008|||
|El Hijo del Fantasma (mask)||Texano Jr. (hair)||Mexico City||Rey de Reyes||March 4, 2018|||
|L.A. Park (mask)||El Hijo del Fantasma (mask)||Mexico City||Triplemanía XXVI||August 26, 2018||[Notes 1]|
- Valdés, Apolo (March 6, 2018). "Psycho Clown y el Hijo del Fantasma calentaron la lucha de Triplemanía XXVI". MedioTiempo (in Spanish). MSN. Retrieved March 12, 2018.
- "Hijo del Fantasma". The Internet Wrestling Database. Retrieved November 2, 2014.
- "Tecnicos - Hijo del Fantasma" (in Spanish). Fuego en el ring. Retrieved October 17, 2009.
- Ocampo, Ernesto (June 15, 2008). "Resultados Infierno en el Ring, En Vivo". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved July 11, 2009.
- Ovaciones staff (January 21, 2009). "De nuevo, monarcas". Ovaciones (in Spanish). Mexico, D.F.: Editorial Ovaciones, S. A. de C.V. p. 18. Número 21474 Año LXII. Archived from the original on January 25, 2009. Retrieved July 9, 2009.
- "Ahora es doble monarca" (in Spanish). Esto, OEM Online. July 22, 2009. Retrieved July 22, 2009.
- Ruiz Glez, Alex (February 15, 2010). "Negro Casas nuevo campeón Mundial Medio del CMLL". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved February 16, 2010.
- Velazquez, Israel (April 10, 2010). "Resultados Arena Mexico 9 Mayo 2010 Mistico de tecnico gana como rudo". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved April 12, 2010.
- Rivera, Manuel (May 1, 2010). "Resultados Arena México (30 abril 2010): ¡Pequeño Warrior destapa a Bracito de Oro! ¡Pólvora recibe la Gran Alternativa!". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Archived from the original on May 3, 2010. Retrieved May 1, 2010.
- Hernandez, Diego (May 6, 2010). "Garza desconcertado ante duelo de apuesta" (in Spanish). Record Mexico. Retrieved May 8, 2010.
- Velazquez, Israel (May 7, 2010). "Resultados Arena México (7 de mayo 2010): ¡Tanahashi, Taichi y Okumura, nuevos Campeones de Tríos CMLL!". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Archived from the original on May 10, 2010. Retrieved May 7, 2010.
- Glez, Alex Ruiz (October 31, 2012). "Dragón Rojo Jr. retiene el Campeonato Mundial Histórico NWA Peso Medio en Guadalajara". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved October 31, 2012.
- "Volador y la Sombra a la Final del Torneo de Parejas Increíbles". MedioTiempo (in Spanish). March 2, 2013. Retrieved March 2, 2013.
- Salazar López, Alexis A. (March 1, 2013). "ATLANTIS y ÚLTIMO GUERRERO ¿Estaremos frente a un duelo candidato para conmemorar el 80 Aniversario del CMLL?". Estrellas del Ring (in Spanish). Retrieved March 2, 2013.
- Mexicool, Rey (October 18, 2013). "¡El nuevo integrante de El Consejo es… el Hijo del Fantasma¡ – @hijodelfantasma #HéroesInmortales". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved October 19, 2013.
- Mexicool, Rey (October 18, 2013). "La Parka... ¡ganador de la Copa Antonio Peña 2013! – @Parka_AAA @hijodelfantasma #HéroesInmortales". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved October 19, 2013.
- "Héroes Inmortales VII: Noche de Honor y Sorpresas". Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide (in Spanish). October 19, 2013. Archived from the original on October 20, 2013. Retrieved October 19, 2013.
- "La Nueva Sociedad Ataca en Guerra de Titanes". Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide (in Spanish). December 9, 2013. Archived from the original on December 11, 2013. Retrieved December 9, 2013.
- "Noche de Leyenda en Triplemanía XXII". Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide (in Spanish). August 18, 2014. Archived from the original on March 16, 2016. Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- "Hijo del Fantasma, primer Campeón Mundial Crucero AAA". Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide (in Spanish). August 21, 2014. Archived from the original on August 26, 2014. Retrieved August 21, 2014.
- Boutwell, Josh (September 28, 2015). "Viva la Raza: Lucha Weekly (9/27/15)". Wrestleview. Retrieved October 4, 2015.
- Rosales, Jorge (March 19, 2017). "Johnny Mundo se convirtió en tricampeón de AAA". MedioTiempo (in Spanish). Retrieved March 20, 2017.
- "En Héroes Inmortales XI nacen nuevos campeones". Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide (in Spanish). October 2, 2017. Retrieved October 2, 2017.
- "Noche historica Guerra de Titanes 2018" [Historic night at War of the Titans 2018] (in Spanish). Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide. Retrieved March 17, 2019.
- "El Hijo del Fantasma rapó a Texano Jr" [El Hijo del Fantasma shaves Texano Jr.]. MedioTiempo (in Spanish). MSN. March 5, 2018. Retrieved March 17, 2019.
- Ocampo, Ernesto (December 4, 2018). "AAA: "Guerra de Titanes 2018" Cambio de monarca" [AAA "War of the Titans 2018" Change of champions] (in Spanish). SuperLuchas. Retrieved December 4, 2018.
- Solowrestling (March 21, 2019). "Hijo del Fantasma termina su relación con Lucha Libre AAA". www.solowrestling.com.
- "Lucha Underground season 2 taping spoilers: what's Mil Muertes up to?". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. November 14, 2015. Retrieved November 15, 2015.
- "Lucha Underground season 2 taping spoilers: Prince Puma, Johnny Mundo, PJ Black". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. November 22, 2015. Retrieved November 22, 2015.
- "El Hijo del Fantasma >> Matches >> Lucha Underground". CageMatch. Retrieved March 17, 2019.
- Mutter, Eric (March 26, 2019). "Lucha Central Exclusive: Lawsuits Between Talent and Lucha..." Lucha Central.
- Powell, Jason (July 2, 2017). "7/2 Powell's GFW/Impact Wrestling Slammiversary live review: Lashley vs. Alberto El Patron to unify the GFW and Impact Wrestling Championships, Scott Steiner and Josh Mathews vs. Jeremy Borash and Joseph Park, Sonjay Dutt vs. Low Ki in a best of three falls match for the X Division Championship". Pro Wrestling Dot Net. Retrieved July 2, 2017.
- Angelita, Dark (November 10, 2017). "Eddie Edwards continúa haciendo historia con el máximo título de NOAH".
- "El fantasma vs. la maldición de la piramide (2007)". Allmovie. Retrieved March 16, 2019.
- "El fantasma vs. la aldea de los zombies". SenseCritique (in Spanish). Retrieved March 16, 2019.
- "El fantasma vs. el secreto de la urna maldita (2008)". IMDb. Retrieved March 16, 2019.
- Madigan, Dan (2007). "Okay... what is Lucha Libre?". Mondo Lucha Libre: the bizarre and honorable world of wild Mexican wrestling. HarperColins Publisher. pp. 29–40. ISBN 978-0-06-085583-3.
- "Conoce al 'Fantasma' de la Anahuac" (in Spanish). Universia Mexica. February 23, 2007. Retrieved June 3, 2015.
- Rose, Bryan (February 6, 2019). "Two lawsuits filed over Lucha Underground contract issues". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Retrieved February 6, 2019.
- Mutter, Eric (February 6, 2019). "Exclusive: El Hijo del Fantasma, Ivelisse, Joey Ryan and Thunder Rosa file class action lawsuit against El Rey Network and Baba-G Productions". Lucha Central. Retrieved February 6, 2019.
- Zellner, Kris (August 18, 2014). "Complete AAA Triplemania results and more: The Lucha Report". Pro Wrestling Insider. Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- Ruiz Glez, Alex. "Termina la votación para lo mejor del CMLL en el 2009 – Volador Jr. el más popular". SuperLuchas (in Spanish).
- "Pro Wrestling Illustrated (PWI) 500 for 2015". The Internet Wrestling Database. Retrieved October 5, 2015.